corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » machine polishing recommendations

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author machine polishing recommendations
Toby
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 10 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just been given a kestral da and going to give the car a good machineing. now although I've used one before I have no idea on pads or compounds etc so am looking for advice on the following:
Cutting pad -
Polishing pad -
Finishing pad -
Cutting compound -

Now to start with I will be using some dodo juice lime prime for the latter stage.
Any advice as well as ideas on pads (nothing majorly aggressive at this stage) would be great
Rob R

2nd Jun 10 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best combo I found for a pretty good tidy up was Sonus Swirl Buster Pad and Poorboys SSR 2.5, I've seen good results with these 2 in the past.

No doubt someone will shoot that down in flames though and reccomend something else.
DaveyLC

2nd Jun 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

G3, Finnesse-IT, Imperial Hand Glaze, Top Wax..

Sorted!
3CorsaMeal

3rd Jun 10 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use the menzerna stuff
Toby
Premium Member

3rd Jun 10 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
i use the menzerna stuff

For both pads and compounds etc?
3CorsaMeal

3rd Jun 10 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, i bought this kit

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing/polishing-machine/meguiars-g220-complete-menzerna-kit/prod_414.html

but i haven't tried any other so can't really compare them to anything
SteveO _1.6

3rd Jun 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try faercla range, start with G6 dry use only compoun polish, then g10 on a softer pad and finally finsh with farecla glaze. I'm a sprayer and thats what my bodyshop uses. Also Thatcham use this range

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » machine polishing recommendations 23 database queries in 0.0121899 seconds