corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Man Utd debt, big fat gayer, cavmad, Marc, Jamie Theakston etc....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Man Utd debt, big fat gayer, cavmad, Marc, Jamie Theakston etc....
Limecat
Banned

User status: Offline
7th Jun 10 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't agree with me Costco. I will have to go for a shower and clean myself with BLEACH!
Cosmo

7th Jun 10 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you're right I'll agree with you - luckily for you and your skin it's not very often.
Limecat
Banned

7th Jun 10 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
When you're right I'll agree with you - luckily for you and your skin it's not very often.

I'm not black, I need no domestos...

...oh shit, I didn't just post that did I...
cavmad

8th Jun 10 at 05:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:
Originally posted by cavmad

Point me to a club in the Premier League (or any of the leagues actually) who are making money and for each one you find I'll guarantee I'll wager there's five more losing money.
There is no reason to buy a club as business unless the owners are terminally stupid or vain as they are not going to make any money at it. Liverpool and United are prime examples of this.

Strick: So in your analagy Portsmouth went bust because they're not 'one of the biggest clubs in the world' as that's crtainly how it reads? So please explain why Liverpool (who you described as the, or one of the, biggest clubs in the world owe so much money and are hovering round the end of Shit Street.

Running a club as a business is how it should be run, you only have to look at wigan, they get about 12 people in attendance every week, yet they make a profit and are in the biggest league in the world (well, until they get relegated this coming season because the current manager is clueless)

Read my post properly and you will see i said Manchester United are the biggest club, or one of the biggest, in the world.

Liverpool and United are completely different to pompey, pompey hit shit creek because of poor spending, massive wages and also not a very good revenue

United have considerably more TV money, they get money for playing in the champions league, and they also get much more in attendance money and league finishing position money.

They also have a good wage structure and spend money on players using money they have put aside just for this purpose

Pompey went hell for leather with a corrupt manager and poor chairman buying anyone and everyone on big contracts, not actually paying for them, thus owing the clubs money, and then using all the money up to pay the wages.

I would be willing to back pompey's debt to club value ratio is also much much higher than United's or Liverpool's for that matter

Some fair points, but Liverpool and United are still losing money so how do you explain that? Certainly in the case of Liverpool it's because of more than one shit signing and the fact they ahve won fuck all/not finished high enough in the lague to get any extra revenue.
Eck
Premium Member

8th Jun 10 at 06:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wenger may be up there with the best per £ spent but the fact that they haven't won the league for the last few years and his reluctance to actually buy someone would suggest he is certainly not one of the general best any more.
mwg

8th Jun 10 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sorry but did I see right that LET called Strick a muppet and then went on to say that Wenger is the 2nd best manager in the world?

Pot, Kettle, Black.
Cosmo

8th Jun 10 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cav - the reason liverpool and united are not making huge profits has, in our case, nothing to do with not winning things. It has everything to do with having the owners purchase debt on the club which has huge interest charges that need to be paid. Much like how united, who have been winning things in recent years, are still making massive losses.

And just FYI, Liverpool as a club actually made record profits at the last accounts. It's holding company actually made the losses due to the loans stated above.
cavmad

8th Jun 10 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see your point but surely they're losing fortunes by not being in (or winning) the Champion's League or Premier League.

There is more chance of someone buying Utd or Liverpool as you have said but it doesn't guarantee anything unfortunately.
strick206

8th Jun 10 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would imagine Liverpool have never budgetted for winning the PL, and they probably budget for europa league football anyway

United won't budget for winning the PL either, but they probably do budget for champions league money

I would also like to bet United are making profits, just the debt payments loaded onto the club are causing the losses, same as liverpool
strick206

8th Jun 10 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
Sorry, I misinterpreted 'corrupt' as you slating him. Could you state how he is corrupt?

1. Isn't he getting dragged through the mud at the minute relating to dodgy agents fees etc in transfers?

2. Spread betting time of first throw in, punting manager markets he's involved in
Cosmo

8th Jun 10 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
I would imagine Liverpool have never budgetted for winning the PL, and they probably budget for europa league football anyway

United won't budget for winning the PL either, but they probably do budget for champions league money

I would also like to bet United are making profits, just the debt payments loaded onto the club are causing the losses, same as liverpool

We actually do budget for CL qualification iirc, but not to go any further than the group. So a semi-decent run in the Europa covers this amount (as confirmed by the Managing Director last season).

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Man Utd debt, big fat gayer, cavmad, Marc, Jamie Theakston etc.... 24 database queries in 0.0090358 seconds