corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Language courses

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Language courses
corsa-c-c

User status: Offline
10th Jun 10 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to learn French because I want to go into specific part of law which requires me to know French, so does anyone know any good French courses and I know no french. I have been told that Michel Thomas french foundation couse is good but I am looking for a bit more information from anyone who has learnt a language. Any another good courses that anyone knows?
Matt L

10th Jun 10 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rosetta stone is apparently good expensive but good, i keep toying with the idea of doing some refresher courses in french but also want to learn spanish (doubt ill end up doing either really) but th thought is there.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
10th Jun 10 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wanted for years to do something but only actually got in to it properly when I enrolled on a course. Started with the GCSE, then went on to AS and will be carrying on with that next year.
Cavey

10th Jun 10 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can get Rosetta stone in the usual places online anyway, I was tempted, but need to use a computer.

I walk for 3-4 hours a day, so would really want something that would be repitive learning rather than interactive.

Would also like to learn Spanish. Did basic German and French at school.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
10th Jun 10 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Michel Thomas stuff you can just listen to but you still need to find time to do it. At least with the lessons you get a bit of routine.
ed

10th Jun 10 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See what your local uni does course wise. I know that at my one they do language courses starting every September.
oceansoul

10th Jun 10 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been trying to learn Finnish for the past few years. Ive downloaded a few CD's are E-books, but none of them are any good really

Ive been looking at the Rosetta Stone software, but its muchos money.

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Can get Rosetta stone in the usual places online anyway.

Ive not been able to find it
corsa-c-c

10th Jun 10 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
See what your local uni does course wise. I know that at my one they do language courses starting every September.

Uni says Michel Thomas.
Nath

10th Jun 10 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been meaning to learn Swiss German for a while. Almost impossible to find any courses though as it's not widely spoken. Acquiring something now though, so we'll see. It's not Rosetta Stone btw.
Hammer

10th Jun 10 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I regret not keeping up French from school tbh, I reckon I could pick it up fairly quickly though.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Language courses 23 database queries in 0.0089941 seconds