corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » parking ticket ???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author parking ticket ???
tom130691
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Jun 10 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a letter through the post parking fine
nothing on the car though this was for over a week ago (6th) for parking in morrisons car park for more than 180mins
came today and they want £70 if later than 7 day they want £90

how did they get my address?
why not put it on my car?
do i have to pay it?

just seems dodgey to me and as i dnt plan parking there again was a one off i dont wana throw £70 away
John

11th Jun 10 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Address from DVLA.

As long as it's not the council they can't really, depends how much bottle you have though, you'll get a lot of threatening letters before they give up.
tom130691
Premium Member

11th Jun 10 at 23:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heard you only have to pay when its council
but if they have my adress i dont want baliff's debt collectors n shit lol
John

11th Jun 10 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll get letters from debt collectors eventually, if you ignore them they normally go away though.
tom130691
Premium Member

11th Jun 10 at 23:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its my mums house anyways she has a diff second name so in theory she can say i was a previous tenant then they general go away lol
All Torque

11th Jun 10 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignore it mate, as said if its not from the council its just an empty threat. We have this rule at Tesco too, "free parking for upto 3 hours" but they cannot legally enforce it.

tom130691
Premium Member

11th Jun 10 at 23:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
Ignore it mate, as said if its not from the council its just an empty threat. We have this rule at Tesco too, "free parking for upto 3 hours" but they cannot legally enforce it.

had a similar response on another forum aswell lol

but good fuck them like i said a one off so wont be going back there
lostboy
Banned

12th Jun 10 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eat the letter and claim it never turned up. Will go well with tomato ketchup.
gtitim

12th Jun 10 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Completely ignore it. Do NOT respond to any letters or acknocwledge them in any way. Some letters will arrive from 'debt collectors' however, they cannot engage a recovery agent until they have been to court, and for that they need to know who the driver was. All they know is you are the registered keeper and you are not legally obliged to name the driver.
blebo

12th Jun 10 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
Completely ignore it. Do NOT respond to any letters or acknocwledge them in any way. Some letters will arrive from 'debt collectors' however, they cannot engage a recovery agent until they have been to court, and for that they need to know who the driver was. All they know is you are the registered keeper and you are not legally obliged to name the driver.

Completely and utterly correct
Carl

12th Jun 10 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said do not pay it, but I wouldn't ignore it i'd reply saying that you was not driving at the time but will happily try to assist them if they have any evidence of who was. There are a few template letters knocking about on the net. Unless they have evidence of you driving that will stand up in court they haven't got a chance.
mattk

12th Jun 10 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DO NOTHING at all

just ignore it, I had one last year from a motorway service station, they said I owed them £60, I ignored it, 2 weeks later I owed them £80, 2 weeks later I owed them £120 then 2 weeks later I had a letter that was of appauling quality claiming to be from a solicitors office saying the bailifs would be coming if I didnt pay in 7 days

that was last october...
Colin

12th Jun 10 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah dont pay it, et them try to take you to court.
mattk

12th Jun 10 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they prey on the naieve(sp)
yes its their land but they have no right to say you owe them £x to park on it

go and draw some lines on your drive and stick a sign up in the hope that someone drives on it, then send them a letter demanding £70
Rob E

12th Jun 10 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignore it, I have an ongoing battle with the council at the moment about 3 outstanding parking tickets I refuse to pay. My car was broken into, ignition all tampered with and left immobile. The twats ticketed me twice within 3 hours of each other then told me to write in explaining the situation and provide them with a crime reference number. I wrote to them, about 2 weeks later I recieved a letter saying they refused to waive them as they take strict views on these events and belive it was unfair on other residence in the street (half of which dont even own a car ) so ive just ignored every increment in fine and the final letter saying the bayliffs are coming and ive not heard a single thing since
John

12th Jun 10 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Council ones are different, the bailiffs might just turn up one day.
mattk

13th Jun 10 at 03:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye if you get a council one or a police one, pay it, any others, fuck them off.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » parking ticket ??? 23 database queries in 0.0979061 seconds