corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Front speakers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Front speakers
CorsaSport1416v

User status: Offline
15th Jun 10 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ive recently put in some fli front speakers for my corsa sport and they dont work properly, ive also took these back out and tested some others in the car which dont work and the fli ones in my brothers corsa so i know it must be the wiring to the front speakers.

Has anyone heard of this before or know any idea of how to solve it without resorting to taking it to an auto electrician or ripping half my dash out?

Thanks.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

15th Jun 10 at 07:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont work properly in what way?
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

15th Jun 10 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Connections the right way round?
oceansoul

15th Jun 10 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the wiring isn't damaged at the hinge in the door
CorsaSport1416v

16th Jun 10 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they dont work in the sence they are not doing anything at all, no spund being emited or any hissing or anything. ive tried the 2 wires both ways round and nothing seems to work.

Also when i turn my egnition on and off there is a weird noise coming from the front left speaker, lasts a few seconds then stops. its hard to explain the noise without you being able to hear it lol.
Neo

16th Jun 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like the wires are damaged and are possibly earthing out on the body somewhere
t_benn_1

16th Jun 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not just re wire to the headunit?
oceansoul

16th Jun 10 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can; set up the head unit to 12V power supply and connect the speakers. That way will prove both the head unit and the speakers.

EDIT: Just realised you proved the speakers in a mates car.

What you could do is, disconnect the head unit from the car; then using a multimeter set to Resistance (continuity) measure between one end of each speaker and the cars body (clean earth spot i.e. door catch). If there is a low resistance (or continuity buzzer) there's your problem, one of the wires is down to earth.

[Edited on 16-06-2010 by oceansoul]
CorsaSport1416v

16th Jun 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but surely both cant go at the exact same time and it be a fault at the door hinge? im thinking its maybe to do with the power supply to the speakers but then again the front left one wouldnt make a funny noise would it.
oceansoul

16th Jun 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaSport1416v
but surely both cant go at the exact same time and it be a fault at the door hinge? im thinking its maybe to do with the power supply to the speakers but then again the front left one wouldnt make a funny noise would it.

The speakers are driven from the head unit, so it could be that thats at fault. Have you hooked up another set of speakers directly to the HU??

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Front speakers 23 database queries in 0.3589771 seconds