corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pulled for numberplate

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pulled for numberplate
stubbsy05

User status: Offline
19th Jun 10 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right. I have a private numberplate with 5 digits. Its the legal font etc, the only thing that is not legal is the fact that there is not a space where there should be.

Car is a standard Leon.

Should be - S* ***
However its spaced - S****

It's been on the car 4 months, but got pulled the other day and given a £60 fine. The officer said I have 28 days to pay the fine, but didn't say how long I have to get legal plates made.

I'm not sure whether to bother getting it changed. I'll happily pay the fine and will pay a fine again if I get one. However if I do get one again I'll get it changed then. Has anyone had anything worse given to them? Points? DVLA action etc?

I've heard you get 3 strikes before the DVLA take action.

[Edited on 19-06-2010 by stubbsy05]
Brett
Premium Member

19th Jun 10 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just paid the fine and kept mine as it was tbh Only happened the once tho.
stubbsy05

19th Jun 10 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got pulled by a traffic cop, they took photos of my plates etc? Same with you?
Brett
Premium Member

19th Jun 10 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, but I'm guessing that's in case you contested it maybe?
philo1983

19th Jun 10 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have been done for the same thing but as it was my first time he let me off if its your first time been pulled you should of questioned it he just told me go home and put the old ones back on and took a photo saying if i got caught with them on again he will fine me
Chris x

19th Jun 10 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got pulled for my 3/4 plate and was charged £60. The bloke said that they are cracking down on numberplates and they had all been issued with guidelines on there spacing e.t.c.

I had my 3/4 plate on for over a year with out any problems until a few months back.

He said I would be reported to the DVLA and that if it happend more than 3 times they could remove my registration. Im guessing he ment that for personalised numberplates.
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

19th Jun 10 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No they can remove any registration, meaning you could end up with a Q plate.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pulled for numberplate 23 database queries in 0.0409620 seconds