corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Attacked the Ibiza with some tools last week....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Attacked the Ibiza with some tools last week....
Mertin

User status: Offline
21st Jun 10 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had 2 weeks off work recently so got cracking fitting all the bits id gathered over the past month which were

AP coilovers
New top mounts and bearings
New drop links
Ferrodo DS2500 pads
New discs (Thanks Simon)

Coilover fitting went smooth enough, started with the harder drivers side first thankfully, pass side seemed a doddle after that. It did help that I was replacing the discs too though, which meant after jacking the shock up with a shock and wood I could batter F***k out the discs to release the shock from the hub. Seemed the easiest way :tup:

Coilovers had been buffed down and coated with dry film lube at work then copper greased before I fitted them so they looked spot on :tup:

Set them slightly under half way, with 55m of thread left below the adjuster ring and its seemed to work quite well and im happy with it! The back is screwed all the way down, thinking about taking out the adjuster cups to get it lower but dont want it to end up too low in comparison to the front icard: Still got the standard shocks on the back as the kit only had 1 AP rear shock, and I haven't forked out £87 for a rear shock from AP yet

Happy with how everything is, although theres a slight creak from 1 shock when I pushed down on the wing this morning, but wasnt like that this afternoon. Also seems to be a slight noise when I first start driving then stops? And I cant say the ride is much harsher than standard

Heres some pics, although back does look high in the pics. pics were taken a day or 2 after so should have settled. Next mod = Whiteline rear ARB :yay:

Dog was fed up watching!

alan t

21st Jun 10 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good mate, got enough caravans there? lol
Matt L

21st Jun 10 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like a nice hieght, what does it 'handle' like now?
Mertin

21st Jun 10 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it feels alot better than how it was standard, haven't really pushed it that hard tbh but feels alot more firmer over standard and they do sit quite high!

Caravans is a moneymaker on some spare land
Bonney

21st Jun 10 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The drivers side is a right pain to do!

Took me ages to do mine as you said the passenger side is a peice of piss after that!
Mertin

21st Jun 10 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa suspension seems so easy compared to that stupid shock into hub carry on, nae a fan of it! I was surprised how easy the pass side was after the drivers side. Just fell out in comparison. With the shocks being shorter helped alot when fitting them
antnee

21st Jun 10 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The drivers side is harder cos the wish bone doesn't drop down as much due to the driveshaft.

Looks good although I think the back looks higher than the front

Are you on www.ibizaoc.com/forums yet?
Mertin

22nd Jun 10 at 05:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye the back is slightly higher, its wound down as far as it'll go with the adjusters in. Thought about taken the adjusters out but then might make the back too low compared to the front and im doing around 360 miles a week just now and commuting. Na, im only on seatcupra.net, that forum any good? May have a look
antnee

22nd Jun 10 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taking the rear adjusters out will give another 15mm or so.

Ibizaoc can be a bit quiet at the moment, but the people on there actually know what they are on about, compared to most on scn that will believe bullshit! Then recommend bullshit to everyone else.
Root

22nd Jun 10 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this thread is deceitful.

I was promised a dented ibiza
Twiggy

22nd Jun 10 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much copper grease? Looks like you have copper pads

Looks good though!
Fro

22nd Jun 10 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
corsa suspension seems so easy compared to that stupid shock into hub carry on, nae a fan of it! I was surprised how easy the pass side was after the drivers side. Just fell out in comparison. With the shocks being shorter helped alot when fitting them

the shock into hub thing annoyed me when doing my Golf, Corsas are so much easier!
lostboy
Banned

22nd Jun 10 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you kill it?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Attacked the Ibiza with some tools last week.... 23 database queries in 0.6951170 seconds