corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » No power going to new stereo! Please help!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author No power going to new stereo! Please help!!
chris1990smith

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 10 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a tevion headunit for the girlfriend and went to fit it hoping it would be problem free and it wasn't! there is no sign of life at all went to halfords thinking they might help and the bloke blamed a fuse so checked them and they are all ok, i bought the halfords adaptor as well to try that but no luck is the only thing to do join the wires myself?
Any help would be great Cheers!
sampayne21

23rd Jun 10 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where abouts are you based, i deal with this on a daily basis

first thing is to get hold of either a circuit tester like this one http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_525113_langId_-1_categoryId_165469

and test both the red and yellow wires for power.

they both need power for a radio to work

[Edited on 23-06-2010 by sampayne21]
chris1990smith

23rd Jun 10 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carlisle in Cumbria they have power at the cars loom as it was running a vauxhall cassette, i think i might adapt the adaptor its lights up when the sidelights go on but still i cant turn it on
Nic Barnes

23rd Jun 10 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

possible that the wires in the adapter arent the correct way round for a corsa?
chris1990smith

23rd Jun 10 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah its the adaptor from halfords thats supposed to work. But nothing seems to be easy!
Nic Barnes

23rd Jun 10 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

see where it plugs into corsa radio loom, make sure the power and the earth etc all match up with the pins on the adapter loom. it should do really as its std radio wiring plug.
sampayne21

24th Jun 10 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris1990smith
Carlisle in Cumbria they have power at the cars loom as it was running a vauxhall cassette, i think i might adapt the adaptor its lights up when the sidelights go on but still i cant turn it on

old vauxhall radios only needed 1 power irrc where as normal radio require both, sounds like your getting power from the battery but not from your ignition.

if you want a quick fix run both the red and yellow into the lead with power, but remember to remove the facia to stop the battery from dying. in this instance swapping the red and yellow round wont make any difference, thats only for saving memory in some vauxhalls vw's etc
chris1990smith

24th Jun 10 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have enlisted a electrician onto the case as my knowledge is admitidly crap at this!! as long as its under a bonnet i know where i am!!

New Poll