corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » why cant

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author why cant
strick206

User status: Offline
4th Jul 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO it will come in when that cunt blatter gets the boot, and platini also (even though goal line is nothing to do with him
JonnyJ

4th Jul 10 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye. Sooner they fuck off the better. Infact i want that more than goal line tech.
MJFF88

4th Jul 10 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason Blatter doesn't want technology introduced is simply because said technology would be near on impossibly to use below the semi proffesional leagues. The thing the large majority of people like about football is that you can go out and play the same game, the same rules as the proffesional game. Technology will ruin this.
Nath

4th Jul 10 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
z0mg goal line technolgy, why hasnt anyone else thought of this!!1?!?!1

Steve
Premium Member

4th Jul 10 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can see why they dont want goal line technology, as much as it would benefit the game it could hinder it, its finding a balance.

You couldnt use it to check every single on the verge decision, IMO it could only be used for the very very crucial moments, lampards goal being an example, and then i dont think play should be stopped to watch a screen. They could have technology like in tennis, where the ball has a chip in it, and if it crosses the line it beeps in the refs ear or something

[Edited on 04-07-2010 by Steve]
Jake

4th Jul 10 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i can see why they dont want goal line technology, as much as it would benefit the game it could hinder it, its finding a balance.

You couldnt use it to check every single on the verge decision, IMO it could only be used for the very very crucial moments, lampards goal being an example, and then i dont think play should be stopped to watch a screen. They could have technology like in tennis, where the ball has a chip in it, and if it crosses the line it beeps in the refs ear or something

and what if the chip fucks up, and the reply on the screens in the stadium show it cross the line. there needs to be someone in the background watching the game, but then of course they would be open to bribes
mwg

4th Jul 10 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If theres a need to see a replay then the game should carry on and the 4th official should be looking at any replays and making a decision and informing the referee if it went in or not. If it was a goal then the ref stops the game, if not just keep playing.

Simple.
Limecat
Banned

4th Jul 10 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was a chip in the ball and you wanted reliability who would it be made by? Yes, the Jew Killers. Would you trust them to not have something in there that they can turn off for the big games?

quote:
Originally posted by MJFF88
The reason Blatter doesn't want technology introduced is simply because said technology would be near on impossibly to use below the semi proffesional leagues. The thing the large majority of people like about football is that you can go out and play the same game, the same rules as the proffesional game. Technology will ruin this.

Best post on this thread.
mwg

4th Jul 10 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who GAF about anything below the Premier League? Not me.
Limecat
Banned

4th Jul 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Who GAF about anything below the Premier League? Not me.

Nor me.
mwg

4th Jul 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd just have it in the top leagues and Champions League basically.

Wouldn't be expensive to implement really anyway would it? You're only providing a TV screen for the 4th official to be able to watch slow mo replays on.
MJFF88

4th Jul 10 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I go through phases, I either think its the best idea in the world (usually when things go against my team/country) or if we took away the big talking points by bringing in effectively robots, it would just be a formality.

Its good when it'll get your team 2 extra points, but it would make the sport as a whole a hell of alot more boring for me I'm afraid. Money would be much better spent giving referees more support/training which can then be implemented into grass root levels, unlike technology.

[Edited on 04-07-2010 by MJFF88]
Limecat
Banned

4th Jul 10 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
You'd just have it in the top leagues and Champions League basically.

Wouldn't be expensive to implement really anyway would it? You're only providing a TV screen for the 4th official to be able to watch slow mo replays on.

No, a chip in the ball isn't hard to do. That should be where it ends.
Hammer

4th Jul 10 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason there is no goal line technology is because it would kill the scope for corruption. End of story.

Blatter and his cronies can all fuck off to the retirement home and give the job to someone with a grasp on modern sport, not an old dragon whose own personal ego is his main concern.
Marc

5th Jul 10 at 01:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

But wouldn't the option of having it better better than not?
Limecat
Banned

5th Jul 10 at 02:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blatter just said 'No! Doyle is a prick!' FACT.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » why cant 24 database queries in 0.0132082 seconds