corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engineers report for declared conversions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engineers report for declared conversions
Jack1.6valver

User status: Offline
5th Jul 10 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am under the impression you need a engineers report to send to the dvla when a conversion is declared. Insurance also but the likes of adrian flux dont require one. I've heard many a story of people just sending there v5 away without an engineers report and getting its sent back requiring the report others have got away without. I also hear of people who write up there own and tbh after going to a garage to get one and the guy replying " yeah its £25,if you could bring along a list of the conversion parts you've used,we'll have a look and print one off for you",i'm thinking if i know the proper required bits are there,why should i pay £25 for this guy to copy a list i've made when i could just send it away? Anyone done it?
barter

5th Jul 10 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt do any of that with my conversions just sent v5 off and back it came all done.but hey,if youve done a conversion whats £25 quid
Jack1.6valver

5th Jul 10 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know,times are hard tho,not easy being an apprentice with a house,2 cars,t in the park and a holiday to pay for. Got a decent insurance quote from adrian flux so just want to get it mot'd declared and save for my insurance. Think i'm just going to send it off without anything and see what happens.
barter

5th Jul 10 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flux shouldnt ask for all that. 2 corsa conversions,and one on the rs and they never once asked, they will send you a report to fill out,but you do that your self.

apprentice and you have a house,2 cars and paying for a holiday??
dont apprentice get paid like, E.M.A as part of a college corse or summit stupid like 40/50 notes a day?
Jack1.6valver

5th Jul 10 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jack1.6valver
Insurance also but the likes of adrian flux dont require one.

^^

Nah done all of my college,didnt get any ema,travel expenses or fuck all for that matter. Just the wage. Starting an hnc end of august tho which the company are funding. If i was a sub contracter i would get loads of travel expense as its a 100mile round trip to work but i'm just a mere apprentice so i've to be grateful for my job and training,which i am.
barter

5th Jul 10 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems alot of fuel/dollar to get to work,but hey surpose sum peeps just sit on there arse doing fuk all,so good on ya.

go with flux,be alot easyer,most likly cheaper,its differnt for everyone i no,but flux allways beat any conversion quote for me by miles.
AlexW

5th Jul 10 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its pretty much 99% of people that need the report now, DVLA didnt ask for it before (like last year).

Make up your own.
Jack1.6valver

5th Jul 10 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So just send a headed letter of a made or garage?
barter

5th Jul 10 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno about that,if they check it your fuked
craig_s

5th Jul 10 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got my local mot station to do me one for a tenner,didnt need it in the end anyway,think insurance asked for a copy to check the brakes had been upgraded ect.
Jack1.6valver

5th Jul 10 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That what i was thinking,how would you go about making up your own then AW06?
Jack1.6valver

5th Jul 10 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craig_s
i got my local mot station to do me one for a tenner,didnt need it in the end anyway,think insurance asked for a copy to check the brakes had been upgraded ect.

how long ago was this mate? Adrian flux are cool with no report anyway,they know the score.
craig_s

5th Jul 10 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was about a years or so ago now maybe more,dvla didnt ask for one though.
Jack1.6valver

5th Jul 10 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think there screwing the nut down on it a bit more these days,only one way to find out really. . . . .
craig_s

5th Jul 10 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you phoned up?
Jack1.6valver

5th Jul 10 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the dvla? have you? Just answer machines that eventually tell you to go on there website.
McWillster

6th Jul 10 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go on to companieshouse.co.uk, find a garage thats in liquidation or has been disolved. Make a letter up with the details your changing, put the liquidated/disolved garages details on letter and send away, jobs a good un!
P1CK4D

6th Jul 10 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by McWillster
Go on to companieshouse.co.uk, find a garage thats in liquidation or has been disolved. Make a letter up with the details your changing, put the liquidated/disolved garages details on letter and send away, jobs a good un!

True Criminal thinking. I like it!
McWillster

6th Jul 10 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
quote:
Originally posted by McWillster

True Criminal thinking. I like it!

Good thing is if the DVLA try and follow it up it goes nowhere as the garage in question would obviously not be contactable. By the same token if the police try and follow up the lagality of your car and the garage that looked at it (which they would never bother to) the company is obviously long gone and any records vanished. Win Win!
Nic Barnes

6th Jul 10 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quite a few people i know in last 6 months have done engine swaps and just sent v5 away and got it back altered didnt ask for any report. Send it away and see if they ask then sort it out.
Jack1.6valver

6th Jul 10 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

McWillster,i like your thinking Cheers lads.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engineers report for declared conversions 23 database queries in 0.0096471 seconds