corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Shifts or days?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Shifts or days?
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Jul 10 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to do nights two years ago.

Worked 5 days 12 hour shifts weekend off
then 4 nights 12 hour each.

Nights were more money and less management. We were exceeding our targets by miles, was good laugh and we all have extended breakes too.
dean101287

User status: Offline
13th Jul 10 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
What jumps out at me is you saying it is 4 on but split into 2 days and 2 nights?

I would want to see the breakdown of the shifts TBH as working time directives mean you must have 11 hours between shifts and the way they are 7-7 means at some point you will have 24 hours between your shifts anyway.

ie.
Monday 7.00-19.00.
Tuesday 7.00 - 19.00.
Wednesday 19.00 - 7.00 (thursday)
Thursday 19.00 - 7.00.

It would be interesting to know how the 4 off are calculated as the Thursday you were last in would only have been a part day, do they count the remainder of that day as one or start from Friday inclusive?

Depending on how you look at it you are doing 2 lots of 24 hours in a 36 hour period...

[Edited on 12-07-2010 by LETGSI16V]

Thats how it is, then you will go back on the tuesday and do the same untill your last set starts on a sunday (DAYS) so you finnish wednesday nights (7am thursday) and you go back after 18 days so your first shift back will be a Monday DAY shift again.

I believe you only need 8 hours between shifts aswell because I used to work twin shifts and on a wednesday we would finish at 10pm and be back in for work 6am on thursday. They were 8 hour shifts tho and 12 hours may be different rules

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Shifts or days? 23 database queries in 0.0060329 seconds