corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 4 Owners in 6years?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 4 Owners in 6years?
Daveskater
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Jul 10 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wooly101uk
Its the long rear end of the car that im not struck on Shaun,prefer the hatchback rear.
Does it bother you from the inside or outside? My mate's always saying about how he doesn't like reverse parking it because it's hard to tell where the back is, but he says the spoiler makes it a bit easier. I think that when you look at one without a spoiler and then one with, it really does make a massive difference to the external looks when it does have one. It looks like it's missing something otherwise.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Warren G

17th Jul 10 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the gsi spolier is the worth thing ever, cant not see what car is behind you!

coupe does seem longer, and feels it, though handles better and looks alot better
Daveskater
Premium Member

17th Jul 10 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the spoiler that comes on some Coupe's is the same as the SRi one isn't it? It's made by Irmscher if that helps

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Warren G

17th Jul 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it could be, but i think the coupe has a lower back if you look at the design

my coupe is actualy a realy nice car, love the interior, time to make the profit and move on to the corsa c again lol
Mark.W

17th Jul 10 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do like the corsa C still but fancy a different feel from a corsa.

This is 7 miles from me which i was tempted to go view.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201022360428842/sort/locasc/usedcars/model/corsa/make/vauxhall/radius/1500/page/1/keywords/sri/postcode/dh96tq?logcode=p
Warren G

18th Jul 10 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seriouly your looking at the most expensive examples of these cars! my corsa c was much nicer that that, 05 plate - £4k

my corsa c 04 plate 1.8 sri has just cost me £600

personaly id have a coupe if you wanted something nicer
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Jul 10 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've wanted an astra coupe for a long time now, i was going to get one as a sensible car but decided the money was better spent on the vx

this is the type of one i was looking at

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1668116.htm

i drove my dads vectra estate diesel last night after about 4 months of just driving my car and its so nice to drive a car without worrying about potholes, speedbumps, drivng upto kerbs, driving onto kerbs without causeing thousands of pounds of damage to the clam, having a turning circle smaller than a glacier all these things i took for granted.

Edit: i fotgot to mention owners.. lol

the vx lot tend to find sometimes their cars have had more owners than they have had wanks on a lonley sat night.. but it never puts them off because the cars are so hard to live they just sell them on.. and besides people just do get bored of one car after 6 months or so, or when any work needs doing to them and they cant afford it its sometimes easier for them to sell on.

if its had a full service history and it looks clean and tidy i dont really think you have much to worry about.

[Edited on 18-07-2010 by chris_uk]
Mark.W

18th Jul 10 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems to be reasonably price compared to others thats for sale.

speedy 172

18th Jul 10 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

break it wooly i made that mistake with my old car
Col004

18th Jul 10 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That didn't look half as good as your corsa mate.. If your not getting a turbo mk4 hatch then get a coupe.. Far nicer than bog std hatches
Mark.W

18th Jul 10 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been to look at the corsa C and it is a nice car but had few scratches here and there and wouldnt give then the 5k for it tbh.

Think im set on the m4 astra tbh,it just felt right when i sat in it yesterday.

Speedy i would need to but a couple standard parts if i do break it so would need to spend more money on it to get it back to standard.Will probably put up for sale the way it is for a couple weeks and if i get no interest il break it.
Mark.W

18th Jul 10 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Col004
That didn't look half as good as your corsa mate.. If your not getting a turbo mk4 hatch then get a coupe.. Far nicer than bog std hatches

The turbo mk'4s would be to thirsty for my liking Col other wise it wouldnt be a problem,im still temp at work and need to make sure i can still afford to run the car if i get laid off.
Warren G

18th Jul 10 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

advice, dont get a turbo is your worried about fuel! i think i saw 150miles to a tank once

even driving eco, which is hard there crap

if getting a hatch or a coupe make sure you get the 1.8 engine, 1.6 are known for burning oil, i see 350 to a tank min in mine and max 425 - which is high 30's to low 40mpg!

your also looking at too pricy cars too, for the money your looking to spend id expect a minter!

you can get a much better car with 4k than a old mk4, your coming into early mk5 prices
Daveskater
Premium Member

18th Jul 10 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That Corsa really is overpriced, plus it'll need the cam belt doing at 40k so I would try and knock money off for that.

Personally if it came down to getting a 1.8 Hatch or 1.8 Coupe then I would go Coupe as it's just something that bit more special than your everyday hatch. Then stick a GSi bumper on the Coupe and it looks even better imo

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Corsa_Sport21

18th Jul 10 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id pick the Coupe over the hatch anyday.

The Coupe dosnt seem to have aged like the hatch.Still looks fresh.
Mark.W

18th Jul 10 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah warren i see what your saying,it will be the 1.8 without a doubt and i am after a minter of a mk4 and im in no hurry what so ever.

Seen a couple of nice mk4 examples on auto trader with low mileage and totally standard but re over 200 miles away

After a good look round the C it was over priced in my eyes too.

For 4-5k the mk5 astras iv seen are quite high mileage and they are a massive car especially the 3drs.
Daveskater
Premium Member

18th Jul 10 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate's always going on about selling his to get a VXR but he's said that for a year or so now Black, 1.8, just gone over 40k with the SE2 wheels. Barely gets used because he cycles to work

Still a bit far from you though

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Mark.W

18th Jul 10 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah im not one for traveling far for a motor
Warren G

18th Jul 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not though, fair enough a astra - i wouldnt bother to travel for a bogo astra but something i realy wanted i would

iv been cornwall, northfolk and portsmouth to get bikes before
Corsa_Sport21

18th Jul 10 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love travelling for cars.Makes it part of the fun of buying a new car and the long drive home is a good time to find out any future problems or niggly bits.
Mark.W

18th Jul 10 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only because they look clean in the pictures doesnt mean there going to be as clean in person which i have learned in the past.

I went all the way to Blackpool for a Gilera scooter once and looked mint ect in the pics but in person it wasnt as clean as i hoped for but still bought it because i had traveled all that way and didnt wanna go home empty handed which was my own stupid fault i know.

Il learn from my mistakes.

RichR
Premium Member

18th Jul 10 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remember that some of those owners maybe the garage which has sold it on at some point or it may have been a pre-registered/demonstrator vehicle from the original dealership.
Mark.W

18th Jul 10 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is kind of what im looking for but looks a tad exspensive.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201024361037154/sort/locasc/usedcars/price-to/5000/model/astra/make/vauxhall/page/16/radius/1500/postcode/dh96tq/keywords/sri?logcode=p
Corsa_Sport21

18th Jul 10 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wooly101uk
Only because they look clean in the pictures doesnt mean there going to be as clean in person which i have learned in the past.

I went all the way to Blackpool for a Gilera scooter once and looked mint ect in the pics but in person it wasnt as clean as i hoped for but still bought it because i had traveled all that way and didnt wanna go home empty handed which was my own stupid fault i know.

Il learn from my mistakes.

Thats why you ask them for pics and info of all the faults/bodywork issues before you make a long trip.
Mark.W

19th Jul 10 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was pictures and all the info as it was on autotrader.It was one f those ads that was very much exaggerated and i fell for it

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 4 Owners in 6years? 24 database queries in 0.0173750 seconds