corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » power steering on my redtop ???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author power steering on my redtop ???
gidged500
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Jul 10 at 15:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do i need for my power steering to work on my redtop help please thanks guys
Limecat
Banned

21st Jul 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So it's a PAS equipped car before the conversion?

If so, you need the relevant pump (I used a 1.6 8v Mk3 Astra one as it had the right pulley), the conversion bracket and the belt.

It's common if using the OE pipes for them to catch and melt on the manifold so make sure it is well clear or get custom hoses made up by Pirtek etc.
gidged500
Premium Member

21st Jul 10 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the car had pas before the redtop was fitted but they took the redtop pump off could i get a pump from another redtop engine? but then i would need a new bracket though?
So what about the belt ?

[Edited on 21-07-2010 by gidged500]
Limecat
Banned

21st Jul 10 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as the pump has the right pulley set up you are ok. Yes, you need the metal conversion bracket.

With the belt, once the pump is mounted, put the adjuster in it's middle setting then run a piece of string around the pulleys, mark it and measure the string length in mm's. That measurement represents the belts part number!

New Poll