corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » High emissions?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author High emissions?
Corsaboii_1991

User status: Offline
   20th Jul 10 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all..

right. my corsa failed the mot on the emissions. its a 1.4 LS but had the sri engine fitted.

First fast idle test come back at 0.597, Second at 0.634.

the limit is 300 so i need to sort it.

when it was MOT'd it didnt have the vaccume hose connected it was just tucked behind the inlet. but now ive fitted a standard airbox, and connected that up.

its also running too rich. does anyone know how i can reduce this?

Thanks.
SRI-LEE

20th Jul 10 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new lambda sensor,CAT ?
Scotty C

20th Jul 10 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CTS?
Phillips_91

20th Jul 10 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was roughly same levels as yours and new cat sorted that out.. aslong as your HC was fine and lambda came up as a pass then its deffo your cat mate
ed

20th Jul 10 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's running rich then you can rule out the cat needing replacing for now. As you said it's running rich it will be an electrical issue, faulty sensors or bad wiring anywhere? If there was then you'd expect the engine light to be on. The vacuum hose being missing won't help much either.
Corsaboii_1991

21st Jul 10 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vaccume hoses have been connected now. the cat is basiclly new along with the rest of the exhaust system. sounds like the lambda sensor then. bugger. only got til saturday for the retest.
Phillips_91

21st Jul 10 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you have a friend that works in a garage see if they'll run you a quick emissions test see if the vacuum pipes have sorted out the problem rather than forking out for a new lambda for nothing
Corsaboii_1991

22nd Jul 10 at 07:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, ive taken out the lambda and i doubt its been changed since new mate. its rusted to hell and the bit on the end is bent too. also me dads said he'll pay for it soo.. may as well.

mot again at 5. if it passes the emissions itll pass the retest . cant wait to see as il be insuring it on the 9th if it does.
Corsaboii_1991

22nd Jul 10 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaSport1.4Phillips
if you have a friend that works in a garage see if they'll run you a quick emissions test see if the vacuum pipes have sorted out the problem rather than forking out for a new lambda for nothing

having emissions test today mate. if it passes that then i gotta pay £25 an its mot'd. as the other two bits are done an the tester has seen them. so basicly its down to this one thing.

people say the cat and the lambda... but as i said. my cat. downpipe. exhaust. centre pipe were all replaced for the last mot. still have the GM stickers on them lol. cleanest part of the car!!

so hoping its the lambda.

Thanks for all your replies. il let you know how it goes.
Phillips_91

22nd Jul 10 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if its all as new as you say then you would have to be really unlucky for it to be your cat, most probably lambda then mate, good luck with emissions mate hope all goes well fingers crossed mate
Corsaboii_1991

22nd Jul 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

soon as the bloody thing is on the road il get a project thread up mate. an il get some pics of the underneith. im not sure what corsa's are like for rusting etc as im used to nova's lol. but the lad down the garage commented on the condition of underneith, no adivisories on rust etc just the rear load sensor valve linkage was missing. and the actual valve was jammed. got an advisory for no back seats lol. and got one for me front tires having inner edge wear. not too bad being the person i got it from.

Cheers all
Phillips_91

22nd Jul 10 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has it passed?
Corsaboii_1991

22nd Jul 10 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5pm matey.
Phillips_91

22nd Jul 10 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh right well goodluck anyway lol
Corsaboii_1991

23rd Jul 10 at 02:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well... if failed! AGAIN!. im honestly loosing it with this car!.

does anyone know if maybe the fact it has a 1.4 SRI *MPI* engine fitted would be the issue? as obviously the origional engine was a 1.4 LS *SPI*..

someone mentioned it earlier but im unsure? any gen on this?

Also how would i go about getting it MOT'd if this is the case? i know what car the engine come from. and can get the reg. just depends on the tester?.

Cheers

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » High emissions? 23 database queries in 0.0088332 seconds