corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20LET conversion?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20LET conversion?
Harkus

User status: Offline
25th Jul 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so ive been thinking about this for a very long time and have decided to start looking into it.
after one of my mates done it to his corsa its been sticking in my mind for some time....

im thinking of picking up a corsa B 1.0 or 1.2 what ever it is and then looking for a C20LET engine from a calibra turbo, obviously im going to need the box and the loom and going to switch the engine mounts aswell as uprate the brakes, the thing thats playing on my mind is its a bit of a big job and i dont have a garage to do it in as well as not being a mechanic....

so if i were to go about it is there anything els i need to know and has any one got any idea as to what sort of price im looking around....

this is just an idea for now and just looking into it just trying to get some ideas and peace of mind as to say.

I've done a bit of scouting around and I've come up with the following:

Cav GSI mounts
Cav GSI drive shaft
ecu specific for a c20let
Uprated 2ltr Cav GSI brakes with rear brakes drilled to 4x100
uprated suspension possibly koni's but your talking £800 or so
and a set of spings for uprated presaure

then its just a case of getting a 1.0ltr corsa b or a 1.2 12v and then a claibra turbo engine with box and loom, now ive been told im better off going for the F28 box i think it is to make it run smoother during gear change and excelerating and so on....

its a big job but it will be worth it..... just need some advice thanks dudes

Matt
LeeM

25th Jul 10 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive done a conversion on my driveway before, do you have any experience at all? it is quite a big job to take on if you dont know what youre doing and i wouldnt reccomend it
Scotty C

25th Jul 10 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not just buy a LET Corsa?
Harkus

25th Jul 10 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i havent know Leem by trade im a valeter but my dads friend is a mechaninc and can do conversions i aint had a caht with him yet but i know he will be more than willing to do it.

I would normally buy one monster but i wanted to do it as my own kinda project thing, there going for like 3000 on piston heads uotp 5k and its cheaper to do it your self.

as said just some advice really guys but thanks for your input.
Jon_C
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Harkus
i havent know Leem by trade im a valeter but my dads friend is a mechaninc and can do conversions i aint had a caht with him yet but i know he will be more than willing to do it.

I would normally buy one monster but i wanted to do it as my own kinda project thing, there going for like 3000 on piston heads uotp 5k and its cheaper to do it your self.

as said just some advice really guys but thanks for your input.

You wont build one properly for less than 3k. Not if you are buying shell and engine and gearbox plus adequate suspension and brakes.
Cole

25th Jul 10 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plus for peice of mind you will want to rebuild the engine or at least overhaul it as most let engines these days are not in cav turbos or calibra turbos so would be cheaper to just buy one done
JaffaTB

25th Jul 10 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know its not the same but me and my dad swapped my 1.2 8v for a 1.4 8v sri engine on the driveway with no experience of engine swaps before and without a hoist

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20LET conversion? 23 database queries in 0.1195560 seconds