corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The most fuel efficient way of driving

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The most fuel efficient way of driving
Andrew

User status: Offline
26th Jul 10 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
Fuck changing to a spare on the motorway, especially on the drivers side, Il stick to my tyre weld thanks, actually I dont know if it will fill a 265/75/16.

[Edited on 26-07-2010 by harrisp]

I call out the Green Flag on motorways. Am i bollocks getting myself killed on the daily commute

I generally call them out for anything on works van, even a flat battery
djgritt
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm annoyed that my Mazda DOESN'T come with a spare, and has the stupid Tyre Spunk stuff.

Yeah, fine if you pick up a nail/screw or whatever - absolutely fucking useless if you have a blowout or do a sidewall in.

Luckily I have breakdown/recovery cover though.

The car even comes with a spare wheel well which is extra annoying - Mazda deemed it more appropriate to fit a Bose Subwoofer in there instead of a wheel...

[Edited on 26-07-2010 by djgritt]
jacko198

26th Jul 10 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same with my 182, i have only got a can of tyre weld. There isnt even a spare wheel well though!
AshWatson

26th Jul 10 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you do know kazazza that sticking to 60 is not necessarily the optimum mpg performance speed for your vehicle ? my mates bora does something around 45mpg at 70 on the instant economy on his trip computer and around almost 60mpg at about 80 or just over, as pow above basically stated going slower doesnt use less fuel

[Edited on 26-07-2010 by AshWatson]
Graham88

27th Jul 10 at 02:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
I'm annoyed that my Mazda DOESN'T come with a spare, and has the stupid Tyre Spunk stuff.

The car even comes with a spare wheel well which is extra annoying - Mazda deemed it more appropriate to fit a Bose Subwoofer in there instead of a wheel...

Take it you've got a new shape Mazda 6 then?

I have a super skinny space saver on my Mazda, but it's the Gen 1 with Bose subs within the speakers
dannymccann

27th Jul 10 at 06:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are simply after MPG and all you do is motorway driving, get a diesel. As said before though, only one for the same price as yours otherwise if you start buying a brand new car or something you money you save in fuel will be wiped out by your extra insuance / monthly bill for the new car
Ian W

27th Jul 10 at 06:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to do 70 miles a day in my 1.6 Corsa - most economical thing I did was fit an XE

Seriously, used to get 40 + cruising to work and back easily.
djgritt
Premium Member

27th Jul 10 at 06:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
Originally posted by djgritt

Take it you've got a new shape Mazda 6 then?

I have a super skinny space saver on my Mazda, but it's the Gen 1 with Bose subs within the speakers

Yep,

Well, new shape, but prefacelift - they've just done some styling tweaks to the front on them
andy1868

27th Jul 10 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kazazza, out of interest what MPG are you getting now? from memory, my sport would get about 40mpg at 80mph on a run on the motorway.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The most fuel efficient way of driving 23 database queries in 0.3587132 seconds