corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my 2009 Honda CBR600RR

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my 2009 Honda CBR600RR
K3 VMU

User status: Offline
   14th Jul 10 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well after a year of ownership, i thought it was about time that i started a wee project thread to let people see whats been happening (and there isnt much motorbike project threads!!)

i bought the bike last march (or whenever the 09 plates came out) it is an 08 bike but registered 09, as the 09 models dont come in this colour (and the only difference on the 09 models is a small piece of plastic on the lower fairing, and that ABS was an optional extra, £1000 )

i have had motorbikes since i was 5 years old, so i am no stranger to them. i still have my first motocross bike, and it still starts

this is it along side my racing quad (which i do race) the quad is full british championship spec, and is not for the faint hearted!!

i bought the cbr totally bog standard. so i will let the pics do the talking!!!

outside the showroom

first day of ownership, sitting outside my flat

first thing to happen was for the rear pegs, not interested in taking pillions!!

how good does it look without a tail unit too???

next up was red rim tape, small motrax led indicators all round, evotech tail tidy, and obligitory small plate

next was genuine honda cabon fibre look tank protector and fuel cap thingy.....

next was genuine honda rear seat cowl.... £150

so then it was just plenty of hard riding hahaha,

packed away for winter, it has a front paddock stand too, dont know why i took a picture without it

so then 2010 came round, and it was geting close to the start of the biking season (yes i am one of those summer/dry weather bikers) !! all the fairings etc got stripped off the bike and ev everything got cleaned and polished etc!!

i also took the red rim tape off and replaced it with genuine honda red rim tape

helmet all cleaned up and new tinted visor fitted

very clean sprocket/chain/bike

new rim tape fitted

i dont have any pictures of what i have fitted since these pics due to smashing 2 of my phones which had pics on them, but i will get more (if anyones interested )

i have fitted :

Akrapovic Evo exhaust with carbon fibre tip
carbon fibre rear hugger
tinted double bubble screen
pazzo subby levers in black with red anodised adjusters
and pirelli supercorsa tires (the same ones used in the british superbikes)

any comments etc welcome,
cheers

[Edited on 14-07-2010 by K3 VMU]

[Edited on 14-07-2010 by K3 VMU]
Graham88

14th Jul 10 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it
Bonney

14th Jul 10 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

K3 VMU

14th Jul 10 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys, i need to get pics of it now with its mods thats been done

future mods:

CARBON FIBRE!!!!

brebaz

14th Jul 10 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not the bike kind of guy but helllll thats nice
K3 VMU

15th Jul 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by brebaz
im not the bike kind of guy but helllll thats nice

cheers mate!!

well today it has just been a big cleaning session, after i was out for a blast round highlands of scotland, and by the time i got back i didnt have time to clean it. but today made up for it, its now back to gleaming also going away to marmaris for 2 weeks on sunday, so had to make sure everything was cleaned before i left!!

pics to follow later tonight
K3 VMU

15th Jul 10 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i shall let the pics do the talking , hope you guys like!!!

bike been pressure washed etc, now back in garage for cleaning

tinted double bubble screen

comparisin of original one, as you can se the double bubble has a lot bigger curve in it, thus throwin the air coming towards me up and over me, and they make a serious diffeence!!

new levers, compared to the old ones, new ones so much better and comfier!!

akrapovic exhaust

right, so the cleaning got under way, used a clay bar just to see how it would go, but it didnt need it, as i keep it clean, but there was no harm in trying to see!!

cleaning products

mid cleaning pics

the jobs a good `un !!

carbon rear hugger

super stickey pirelli supercorsa, as you can see, being used hard

front

rear

all packed away , but when i come back it will soon be geting abused, and hopefully get some action shots too

and heres the personal plate i m getting for my birthday when i get home, it is KE05 BKE, but with the strategical position of a yellow screw cap it will read KEU5 BKE, which means Kev`s bike, prety cool i thought? i was going to get MY09 CBR, for my 2009 cbr, but £1900...... NO THANKS!!

ANY FEEDBACK AND COMMENTS WELCOME!!

Aerox-lad

16th Jul 10 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loe the akaprovic exhaust looks lovey. and the size of the number plate. i love a well looked after bike. moreof an r1/r6 fan but your bike looks the tits tbh
Ben J

16th Jul 10 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it. These threads always make me want to get my bike license.
K3 VMU

16th Jul 10 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aerox-lad
loe the akaprovic exhaust looks lovey. and the size of the number plate. i love a well looked after bike. moreof an r1/r6 fan but your bike looks the tits tbh

cheers mate, thats the reason i went for the Akrapovic as it looks as close to standard, and yeah the plate been pulled twice for it, first time i got a 21 day ticket after a lot of being a nice guy to the cop, and he was a biker too, the second time was the cops on their motorbikes, got a £60 fine. could have been worse as we had just finish thrashing our bikes over the countryside, my mates bike was legal so they didnt come after him, when i did stop for them, my exhaust was cracking with the heat from the thrashing it just had i have about 5 mates with R1s and 3 with R6s, good bike, but i am Honda through and through!!

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Love it. These threads always make me want to get my bike license.

JUST DO IT !! The longer you put it off, the more chance of you never doing it, and at least if you do your test etc then you have it there, and can buy a bike whenever!
K3 VMU

16th Jul 10 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a few pics of runs from this year,

got heaps more, but i wont bore you with them
K3 VMU

1st Aug 10 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

back from 2 weeks in sunny Marmaris to rainy Aberdeen, will hopeefuly be doing some work on the bike this week though, so keep your eyes peeled
ianofbhills

1st Aug 10 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was about to say do you not get pulled all the time with that plate.

I had a slightly smaller then stock plate that was still rectangular and i still got pulled for it down here. It was literally just an inch or 2 smaller then factory.

nice bike wish i still had mine
Firestate88

1st Aug 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love it, i want one of these, just need somewhere to store it and it'll be mine
K3 VMU

3rd Aug 10 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ianofbhills
Was about to say do you not get pulled all the time with that plate.

I had a slightly smaller then stock plate that was still rectangular and i still got pulled for it down here. It was literally just an inch or 2 smaller then factory.

nice bike wish i still had mine

i have only been pulled once for the plate, cops on motorbikes

the other time i was parked up on my phone and the traffics pulled over but they only gave me a 21 day ticket, gotta fine from the cops on bikes.......

but i still have the plate on

well on wednesday i think my racing quad is going to be sold sold my van last year as didnt have tme to race it anymore, so everything is sold, just been waiting for the quad to go, so fingers crossed he is no timewaster!! havent got anything to spend the money on, so i think the cbr might be getting treated
Daimo B

3rd Aug 10 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spend it on me I could do with a new leather jacket, and nice 1 piece as mines getting a little old now.

I will give, but not receive
K3 VMU

3rd Aug 10 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont want to sell my quad now went and gave her a clean and fired it up soooo ace, if he doesnt get back to me, i think i might just keep it

and still spend moneyon the CBR

and Daimo , you gotta take a little to get a little

my missus was suppose to be buying me a new 1 piecer for our anniversary, which is this sunday coming, but te lazy mare aint had a job in a couple months

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my 2009 Honda CBR600RR 24 database queries in 0.0174081 seconds