corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mite be swapping for corsa b redtop....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mite be swapping for corsa b redtop....
DannyE2010

User status: Offline
10th Aug 10 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above

could any one help me where i could may be looking at sum website for performance mods such as cams,4-2-1 manifolds ect for the redtop or what ever?? thanks
DannyE2010

10th Aug 10 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any one?
belton

10th Aug 10 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They come with a manifold you could get a slightly bigger one though. Cams get standard ones reprfiled. About £200, I have a standard set here.

And why is someone swapping a redtop for yours? There are many ruined ones, and alot goes wrong unless it's been done well. But just look at all the problems in the help pages!

Not to put you off though as they are amazingly fun (my mate has a type r that is like 280bhp but still says his redtop was more fun)

If you have a little knowldge and cash why not. Check that the engine doesn't smoke or tap. Just the standard things you look for when buying a new car.
lil_g

10th Aug 10 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 4-1 manifold for one if you're looking for one mate?

Autosprint for the cams, and as said they will reprofile a standard set
mike56gte

10th Aug 10 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah autosprint will reprofile your cams for £165 with is your best bet.
DannyE2010

10th Aug 10 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by belton
They come with a manifold you could get a slightly bigger one though. Cams get standard ones reprfiled. About £200, I have a standard set here.

And why is someone swapping a redtop for yours? There are many ruined ones, and alot goes wrong unless it's been done well. But just look at all the problems in the help pages!

Not to put you off though as they are amazingly fun (my mate has a type r that is like 280bhp but still says his redtop was more fun)

If you have a little knowldge and cash why not. Check that the engine doesn't smoke or tap. Just the standard things you look for when buying a new car.

ok thanks for that mate, he said he wants to swap because hes got an identical corsa to mine and he whants all the bits and pieces off mine,ur ritye it has most proberbly been hammerd into the ground but im expecting to have a few problems with it if the swap goes ahead but it is an old car and hopefully i wont have majoy problemsyeh ive herd some tap really loud and its the hydrolic lifters if im thinkin the same as you? any other tips to look out for mate?thanks
DannyE2010

10th Aug 10 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks other 2 comments and ill let you no about the 4-1
mike56gte

10th Aug 10 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check that the wiring is resonably neat and not just a big bundle of wires hanging about the engine bay that will usually tell you the standard of work that has been carried out.
DannyE2010

10th Aug 10 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/9148/SP_A0125.jpg

you should be able to see that mate it looks pretty neat from what i can see what do you think?thanks
mike56gte

10th Aug 10 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks resonably neat but its hard to tell from the picture just have a good look around for yourself and just the normal checks for buying a car like this. check the inside of the oil cap for whitish gunk, check the header tank see if the water is oily. and get someone to give it a rev so you can check it for smoking.
DannyE2010

10th Aug 10 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate will dohave you got any mods on your valver then?they heavy on petrol or?
mike56gte

10th Aug 10 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyE2010
ok mate will dohave you got any mods on your valver then?they heavy on petrol or?

i have a decat, a stainless steel cat-back exhaust, mantzel power cap and a green cotten filter. if driven normally there not a hole lot worse on fuel than a 1.6sport.
DannyE2010

10th Aug 10 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds niice mate, sorry to sound dumb but what is a power cap?haha
mike56gte

10th Aug 10 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it replaces the standard sfi box on top of the throttle body. the one you are looking at has an ecotec pipe on it which pretty much does the same job.
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

10th Aug 10 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course it will have been hammered. Thats what people built them for.
belton

10th Aug 10 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

replaces sfi box, ill get a picture of mine. or find one on here. Yea petrol wise they are actually quite good unless you abuse it then you do feel it. But that is the same wth anything.

It is missing the cam belt cover?
as monster said check the wiring. Check just for normal stuff on a car, ask to be taken out for a test drive and look out for anything that doesnt seem right.
tapping should go after a few seconds if it does tap.
belton

10th Aug 10 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Archie
Of course it will have been hammered. Thats what people built them for.

Very true lol.
But if you love it get yourslef another block, rebuild it, and then put that in.
It would probs cpost say 200£ for a block then 200£ in rebuild parts, but if you have all the stuff in the car (wiring-conversion kit etc) its fine

unless your passionate about it i would be careful basically
DannyE2010

10th Aug 10 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks to all comments

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mite be swapping for corsa b redtop.... 23 database queries in 0.0107470 seconds