corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Extortionate dealer prices

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Extortionate dealer prices
Paul W
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Aug 10 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, i visited my local vauxhall dealership on the off chance of picking up some new arches for my more door plans. Walked in, had a chat with the parts manager bloke, all was going well. He then proceeded to tell me the price of a set of four plastic arches. £147.58. I told him to do one and walked out . I wasn't expecting them to cost that much tbh. I don't understand how they can charge such extortionate prices for some bits of plastic which probably cost about a tenner to make, i mean, it's a corsa b for christ sake, not like it's a VXR or something . /rant over lol. Anybody else agree?

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
AlexW

12th Aug 10 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not about the part though, its about the moulds they have to use, they arnt cheap.

Lots of bits are cheap though.
LeeM

12th Aug 10 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't you get them off eBay for about £50 for a full set?
jibjob

12th Aug 10 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its because they come in a GM bag and are original spec. That doesnt make them any different or any better to cheaper ones its just the fact they are GM.

For example a bulb holder for the back of the dash: Vaux-£4.95 Internet- 25p. Its a joke at times. Although they do tend to keep a lot in stock that motor factors dont.
BYRON

12th Aug 10 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would imagine that part requests for Corsa B's are slowly reducing, therefore producing the parts for a declining market and demand will impact the price. Corsa B arches are not universal in the range like a bulb or filter etc, so there is no volume and cross over between the model ranges.
Norcy91

12th Aug 10 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
Can't you get them off eBay for about £50 for a full set?

Yep! I was gunna get some off ebay and they were only about £30 delivered
Paul W
Premium Member

12th Aug 10 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True on the moulds i spose, but then again you could argue that if they're mass produced they'd end up covering the costs easily.

I've heard the ebay ones are a shocking fit?

Very true jibjob, paying for the name and all that, happens with everything i spose doesn't it. It just boggles my mind sometimes

jibjob

12th Aug 10 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Ebay arches arent that bad of a fit. There are some dips in them though but you cant really see them.
Paul W
Premium Member

12th Aug 10 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I may end up getting some of those then if they're not too bad. Gonna go for a scrappy run first see if i can get some nice condition ones off a late corsa b first, along with a few other goodies

3CorsaMeal

12th Aug 10 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never buy a VW then
AK

12th Aug 10 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cost a tenner to make......

You need to pay for labour charges, energy charges, tooling etc etc.

Companies NEED to make profits on things.

tomt08

12th Aug 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just bought some ebay ones for £30 delivered after geting a quote off vauxhall and laughing the archs have come and look just as good as standard gm ones i havnt fitted them yet so can only comment on the quality and not fitament

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Extortionate dealer prices 24 database queries in 0.0108860 seconds