corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Focus ST axed as well

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Focus ST axed as well
Daveskater
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Aug 10 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrex
thing is...why should 'low emission' cars get free road tax? This is whats pissing me off about the whole 'save the planet' bollocks...its crap.

I've already had a rant on the honda forum about this, and everyone agreed that the government just play on the country's majority stupidity.

Why do they get free road tax? They still wear the tarmac, use traffic lights and road signs. It properly pisses me off.
Because "road tax" isn't actually road tax any more, they now call it Vehicle Excise Duty as it doesn't get spent on roads these days.

If it was spent on roads, then I would completely agree with you.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
chrex

20th Aug 10 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
Because "road tax" isn't actually road tax any more, they now call it Vehicle Excise Duty as it doesn't get spent on roads these days.

ah...well you know what...thats shit too.

Still...mine goes up but crappy 26mpg Prius gets it free. arse...seen.
Ash_EP3

20th Aug 10 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea it is a load of bollocks, I really really fear that in the future we are all going to be driving 1.2's limited to 70
Ben G

20th Aug 10 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha
how come volvo arent axing there 2.5T engines... same engine thats in the ST

they also have a 3.2T found in XC90's and some new V70's and S80's

theres probably loopholes somewhere. same could be said about ferrari's/astons etc.

Kurt

21st Aug 10 at 06:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ferrari is part of FGA though, Fiat, Alfa, Lancia and Iveco goes towards it's emissions target,

I think everything will be small turbo engines, fiat are even going to use a 2 cyl turbo engine called twinair
Ben G

21st Aug 10 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but ford have loads of small cars with low emissions so having the 2.5t in the range is hardly going to affect the emissions over the range greatly.

it's more likely they aren't using it due to selling volvo.

the 2.0t ecoboost will be more powerful, better mpg and cheaper to service anyway.
daymoon
Premium Member

21st Aug 10 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno why i but i thought that emiissions where calculater over the entire companies car range? isn't that why astom or some one introduced a small car?
Ben G

21st Aug 10 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes. it's why car companies are producing electric cars. they say it's to be economical and environmentally friendly, but it's just so that they can keep their high emissions cars that sell well.
N3CRO

21st Aug 10 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
quote:
Originally posted by random dav
Bollocks to this emissions shite, Euro Nazi's

Eck
Premium Member

21st Aug 10 at 16:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pray to fuck they don't start screwing over people with older cars or I'd be fucked
N3CRO

21st Aug 10 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
quote:
Originally posted by chrex
thing is...why should 'low emission' cars get free road tax? This is whats pissing me off about the whole 'save the planet' bollocks...its crap.

I've already had a rant on the honda forum about this, and everyone agreed that the government just play on the country's majority stupidity.

Why do they get free road tax? They still wear the tarmac, use traffic lights and road signs. It properly pisses me off.

If it was spent on the roads, we'd be happy to pay it due to the state of Britains roads these days.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Focus ST axed as well 24 database queries in 0.0106778 seconds