corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » redtop servicing????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author redtop servicing????
Ollie-Smith

User status: Offline
21st Aug 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all, want to carry out a thorough service on my corsa redtop. Apart from the obvious plugs, leads, oil and filter, dizzy cap, rotor arm what other parts would you recomend renewing??? Want to get the engine running as sweet as possible (without a rebuild). Any sensors etc worth changing that would help????

any help/advice much appreciated
Corsa_Sport21

21st Aug 10 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally would change the CTS.Pretty common for fuking up and shouldnt cost too much iirc.
harrisp

21st Aug 10 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cambelt, tensioner, waterpump
Ollie-Smith

21st Aug 10 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys, its had a recent cambelt + tensioners change so no dramas there! with regards to the cts, what are the symptoms for it being faulty???? i think mine may have gone already, engine doesnt idle very well mainly while cold.
Corsa_Sport21

21st Aug 10 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To check if its faulty,take it out then plug it back in.Get a cup of hot water and a cup of cold water.Start the car and put it in the cold water,revs should tick-over high,then quickly put it in the hot water and the revs should drop almost instantly.If it takes its time,its pretty much fuked.
Ollie-Smith

21st Aug 10 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so to make sure ive got this right! on mine its a blue plug that connects underneath coolant hose on front left handside of the engine. i disconnect then reconnect it then do i disconnect it and put it in the water or is there something else i put in the water???
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

21st Aug 10 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah thats the CTS cost me £11 for one

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » redtop servicing???? 23 database queries in 0.0082691 seconds