corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20xe help..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe help..
jon-valver

User status: Offline
19th Aug 10 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just started a c20xe build i just want a bit of freindly advice on some mods im planning on doing to it before i put it in the car, and if they are a good idea or not. the engine is totally standard atm, plans are to eventually to have

twin 45 webber carbs,

lightened flywheel,

and was thinking of cams but unshure exactly what is needed ect ect so any advice and prices on either of the mods im thinking of doing would be good cheers

[Edited on 19-08-2010 by jon-valver]
jon-valver

19th Aug 10 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
markx14xe

20th Aug 10 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with the twin webbers you cant use the standard engine management and for the cams you could just get the standard xe ones reprofiled

mark
jon-valver

20th Aug 10 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah ok what sort of gain do you get from reprofiling the cams?, i wa stold that you can get twin webbers that literally bolt on? or what else is needed?
Crana

21st Aug 10 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with twin webbers the car will be shit on fuel and will need set up on a dyno
philip2

22nd Aug 10 at 06:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the car wont be that shit on fuel as long as set up properly, and tbh if your looking at any sort of carbs, tbs i wouldnt be thinking about wanting to get 30mpg.

once the carbs are set up (properly) you shouldnt have a problem with them

with the 45s you need an adjustable dizzy...there are a couple of twin 45s for sale on ebay at the moment that comes with the dizzy too, otherwise H&H ignition solutions do a kit.

i dont like reprofiled cams as it removes metal from the base of the cam and can make the motor a bit tappity, but it is a cheaper way to gain a few extra bhp. you could get something like the kent AST1612 profile.
bmw156

22nd Aug 10 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it you get some lary cams, be careful with the pistons, as i was always told you need bigger cutouts in the pistons - im sure phil can advise more.

and run webers, love the sound, and run megajolt for ignition.

lightened flywheel IMO isnt much use, just use a standard XE flat type. the lightened ones will make it more revvy and not great for a road car.

New Poll