corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » major problem.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author major problem.
bobbyd1

User status: Offline
24th Aug 10 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just bought a nova saloon. its 2 hours away, im 19 and cant get day insurance, and half the insurers wont do it for over 21s because the car is over 15 years old! helllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppp.
3CorsaMeal

24th Aug 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you tried this one?

https://www.tempcover.com/

i had problems recentely because of the cars age and this company was the only one to help.
3CorsaMeal

24th Aug 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhh, just checked and you still need to be 21yrs
LukeS

24th Aug 10 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

parents?
Graham88

24th Aug 10 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 options, take out a policy and pay the first months deposit, but will be about £150, or hire a trailer
bobbyd1

24th Aug 10 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
have you tried this one?

https://www.tempcover.com/

i had problems recentely because of the cars age and this company was the only one to help.

well ive got someone whos over 21 willing to drive it for me. ill give that a try. thanks mate.
Fonz
Premium Member

24th Aug 10 at 15:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a mate to help you out? or possibly insure the car on a full policy...if you've bought it why only want day insurance?
Direct Line gives a 14day cooling off period.

buy your insurance, drive the car home, cancel the policy. they don't take any money until after the 14th day so you've got covered, and not spent a penny....legalities of this is sketchy though!

(note i know this because my direct line quote auto-renewed I asked to cancel it when i noticed, fortunately still in the 14day "cooling off period" and it was simply cancelled. I asked how I get my money back and was told the money hadn't been taken from me (which i later checked and it hadn't) so all good)
aron

24th Aug 10 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where is it located?
3CorsaMeal

24th Aug 10 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or if the person selling it still has it insured and you have a policy that allows you to drive other vehicles with owners consent, that can be done
bobbyd1

24th Aug 10 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer im not sure hes still insured, that website wont do it because of my postcode.
whitter45

24th Aug 10 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doubt at 19 his policy will cover other vehicles

normally have to be 25
bobbyd1

24th Aug 10 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fonz
get a mate to help you out? or possibly insure the car on a full policy...if you've bought it why only want day insurance?
Direct Line gives a 14day cooling off period.

buy your insurance, drive the car home, cancel the policy. they don't take any money until after the 14th day so you've got covered, and not spent a penny....legalities of this is sketchy though!

(note i know this because my direct line quote auto-renewed I asked to cancel it when i noticed, fortunately still in the 14day "cooling off period" and it was simply cancelled. I asked how I get my money back and was told the money hadn't been taken from me (which i later checked and it hadn't) so all good)

only want to drive it back, then its garaged from there as a winter project. so you were definately covered? and it didnt cost you a penny?
bobbyd1

24th Aug 10 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aron
where is it located?

its in shropshire mate.
bobbyd1

24th Aug 10 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just checked on directline, and you can only cancel the policy if you havent made a journey apparently, but i dont get how they would check?
dan_16sport

24th Aug 10 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if hes still insured on it then get ur parents or an older friend to drive it back, as usually theyre fully comp and can drive any other car that they dont own within reason on third party
Fonz
Premium Member

24th Aug 10 at 16:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bobbyd1
[
only want to drive it back, then its garaged from there as a winter project. so you were definately covered? and it didnt cost you a penny?

well that makes sense.

yes it auto renewed as i didnt contact them to say cancel it. in short i thought it had until the 10th when in fact it ran out on the 4th. it was a policy on my second car so wasn't a priority. it when i got round to digging out the paperwork i found it auto-renewed me phoned up and the girl on the end of the line was very pleasant about it all, said sure not a problem you are in your 14 day cooling off period so you are free to cancel so i did there and then (knowing i had a cheaper quote via comparison site)

like i say not sure the legalities in that, buying a policy knowing you will cancel it and not paying for the cover. it wasn't until my "new"* polcy details came through in the post did I question things as I thought I had more time than i did!

*dates changed

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » major problem. 23 database queries in 0.0955501 seconds