corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Golf VR6

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Golf VR6
StuartVRS

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 10 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen a couple round my way, quite like the look of them and the sound too. Seen this one up for sale, whats peoples opinions of them?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201033365942152/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/golf/make/volkswagen/postcode/br12ej/radius/20/page/1/keywords/vr6?logcode=p
N3CRO

23rd Aug 10 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd like one some day.
Look nice, sound lovely.
Fro

23rd Aug 10 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound awesome with a cone and non chavvy exhaust and can still look fresh with minor mods done. I can't comment much on how they drive as I've not driven it yet Heard that the engines are pretty solid and from my experience the MK3's were built better than the MK4's as in less issues.
3CorsaMeal

23rd Aug 10 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VR6 engine is great as long as its been looked after. Pulls all the way through all the gears and is really smooth delivery.

StuartVRS

23rd Aug 10 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one i saw the other day looked and sounded stunning, got me thinking as we are gonna sell the vrs as only need to do 7 miles a day in total, plus the odd shopping trip. Might as well cash in and use some money towards a house. Problem is, i cant decide what the hell i want. As long as it drives from A to B reliably and fits a buggy in boot and a child seat, im happy tbh
StuartVRS

23rd Aug 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
VR6 engine is great as long as its been looked after. Pulls all the way through all the gears and is really smooth delivery.

that one above has had an engine change, so would need looking into a bit more.
3CorsaMeal

23rd Aug 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i saw that, does it mean it was replaced for another vr6 of same spec? worth finding out why.

its worth noting that some late golf vr's and all the highlines have more power, 185bhp rather than 175bhp, i think its the ones with OBD2 management
StuartVRS

23rd Aug 10 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201033366140627/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/golf/make/volkswagen/page/1/postcode/br12ej/radius/20/keywords/vr6?logcode=p

highline one, wheels dont look right tho.
3CorsaMeal

23rd Aug 10 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, not standard wheels, i notice on pic 3 there is a highline in the background
whitter45

23rd Aug 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate had one but Highline version

cracking car

[Edited on 23-08-2010 by whitter45]
Fro

23rd Aug 10 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i saw that, does it mean it was replaced for another vr6 of same spec? worth finding out why.

its worth noting that some late golf vr's and all the highlines have more power, 185bhp rather than 175bhp, i think its the ones with OBD2 management

Yup OBD2 ones are meant to have slightly more power

Later ones also didn't come with the arches and had a normal GTI splitter on them.
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd Aug 10 at 15:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to buy one before I got the 106 but insurance was still a daft amount, wanted one for years.
3CorsaMeal

23rd Aug 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
quote:

Yup OBD2 ones are meant to have slightly more power

Later ones also didn't come with the arches and had a normal GTI splitter on them.

i've never noticed the arches before
Fro

23rd Aug 10 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I was going to buy one before I got the 106 but insurance was still a daft amount, wanted one for years.

Insurance isn't much cheaper than the 350 fully comp. Going TPFT as there's not much point due to mine being cat D
Jake

23rd Aug 10 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M reg will most likely be obdII. that also seems abit too cheap, have you hpi'd it?
cunningham

23rd Aug 10 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had 1 for about 4 months was a good car and went well plug change and lead change is abit of a pisser got 29mpg driving like a total granny average about 22mpg with a mixture of driving
StuartVRS

23rd Aug 10 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
M reg will most likely be obdII. that also seems abit too cheap, have you hpi'd it?

No, id do that if i was to consider buying it. Im not in a rush to sell the vrs and buy anything tbh so im keeping all options open and waiting for the perfect car. Looking at a massive range of cars at the moment but i did suspect it was a little cheap.
Ben D

23rd Aug 10 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not being funny but for the price of these wouldn't it be worth paying a little bit extra and buying a MkIV 1.8T instead?
StuartVRS

23rd Aug 10 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i was to get the 1.8t, it would be in an audi A3, not a golf. I a currently looking at A3's too.
Fro

24th Aug 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
Not being funny but for the price of these wouldn't it be worth paying a little bit extra and buying a MkIV 1.8T instead?

Finalyl been able to drive my VR6 today and it is put together alot better than my mk4 anniversary was. That had interior rattles galor but the VR has none and has done 98000 miles.

Vdub dont make them how they used to

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Golf VR6 23 database queries in 0.0775299 seconds