corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » PC World / Currys - Return policy?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PC World / Currys - Return policy?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
27th Aug 10 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do bear in mind you have no protection in law for this and any arrangement like that discretionary by the store.

If you had bought it online you could use Distance Selling Regulations 2000. If it was faulty you could use Sale of Goods Act 1979 but it's neither so you need their good will!
Gareth F

User status: Offline
27th Aug 10 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Do bear in mind you have no protection in law for this and any arrangement like that discretionary by the store.

If you had bought it online you could use Distance Selling Regulations 2000. If it was faulty you could use Sale of Goods Act 1979 but it's neither so you need their good will!

Very true, had a bloke instore that was a knob so i refused to do it (£600 sofa) if he had been polite i may have actually done it but as he wasnt i didnt.
bigboykarl

28th Aug 10 at 07:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take the receipt back into store..so long as the price om the website is not a web exclusive they will refund the difference via a refund resale...from my wife who works on customer servives at said store
bigboykarl

28th Aug 10 at 07:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do it within 7 days as well
mattio

28th Aug 10 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have a seven day price promise. i worked for them around college. So take in the reciept and they will refund the difference.
Ben G

28th Aug 10 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haven't read all the thread but all you need to do is take it back in a saleable condition and get a refund (say it was an unwanted present). they will refund you the full amount as you have the receipt.

then buy the cheaper one.

simples.
SXI - Matt

28th Aug 10 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do they not have a policy of if you find the item cheaper with in x amount of days they will refund the difference
Matty SRi

29th Aug 10 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just take it back and get this. The mother just got 1 and seems pretty good! http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-r530-04144112-pdt.html
moka

29th Aug 10 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gonna go back today, explain, use the 7 day price promise and report back here with what happened.
moka

29th Aug 10 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty SRi
Just take it back and get this. The mother just got 1 and seems pretty good! http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-r530-04144112-pdt.html

Other than the memory, the spec on the HP is miles better and technically now the same price.
noshua

29th Aug 10 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the Samsung laptop above, would never buy a HP laptop again.

HP laptop has a newer processor but 1GB less RAM and an older screen (LED backlighting on Samsung).

Says no Wireless N on the Samsung but it definitely has it.
DaveyLC

29th Aug 10 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
but is £50 even worth the hassle of doing it?

Of course it is!

Take it back and say it was a gift, they'll give you a credit note/vouchers at the worst.. Then buy another one and something else for £50.
moka

30th Aug 10 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
I have the Samsung laptop above, would never buy a HP laptop again.

HP laptop has a newer processor but 1GB less RAM and an older screen (LED backlighting on Samsung).

Says no Wireless N on the Samsung but it definitely has it.

The hp has an led screen and ram is easy and cheap to upgrade unlike the cpu. The hp also has a better onboard graphics chip and like the Samsung has wireless N but they dont mention it on the specs page lol.

Went to pc world today and they refunded me the difference under the price promise with no problems. Cheers for the advice everyone.

[Edited on 30-08-2010 by moka]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » PC World / Currys - Return policy? 23 database queries in 0.1194611 seconds