corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Little help choosing a DSLR.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Little help choosing a DSLR.
Matt.H

User status: Offline
31st Aug 10 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know a few people here are well into abit of photography and just wanting abit of help choosing a DSLR. It will be my first "proper" camera as opposed to a small point and shoot. Basically will be wanting to use it for good general everyday pics plus with the help of a longer lens, for bike trackdays and airshows. Have borrowed a mates previously with a 300mm lens and got some decent photos so thats what I'd probably be looking at. I will say i am a beginner when it comes to SLR's. Copied and pasted from Jessops website just an idea for the options that come up in the price im thinking of spending.

http://www.jessops.com/Directory/catalogue.ashx/categoriesLT;jessops_1/categoriesLT;jessops_1_10?cm_re=011209-_-Home-_-Nav_SLRs&omitxmldecl=yes&fh_refview=lister&fh_reffacet=lprice&fh_refpath=facet_5&fh_location=//jessops/en_GB/isvisible%3d1/categories%3C{jessops_1}/categories%3C{jessops_1_10}/300.0%3Clprice%3C400.0&fh_eds=%C3%9F
morpheus22

1st Sep 10 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nikon D3000 but im biased lol
Cavey

1st Sep 10 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame the related thread things don't seem to work in snap day!

The usual advice is to go to jessops, try out the cameras, and see which one feels the best, I got a Nikon, my mates missus bought a Sony the other day, so go and test them out.

also, if you want to save some cash http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk is your friend.

You seem to get more for your money from the Sony's but I can't comment on anything about them, I love my D60
AndyKent

1st Sep 10 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I'd say Canon/Nikon is better due to the massive range of high quality lenses available.

Bear in mind that a decent 300mm lens will set you back a wad. Can get cheaper ones - depends what you borrowed.
Root

1st Sep 10 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whenever I do a photoshoot I make sure I always have the best camera available, a quality lens is also essential. As well as some other basic equipment, tripod and whatnot just in case.

Anyway, personally this is my camera:

[Edited on 01-09-2010 by Root]
Matt.H

1st Sep 10 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the replies. I have been into Jessops and had a play of a couple but seeing as there are so many options and being new to that type of camera i really haven't got a clue what I'm looking at. I did like the feel of one of these compact system cameras. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-G10. Nice camera but just limited as to the range of lens, only upto 200mm. I shall keep looking.
Cavey

1st Sep 10 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got my 70-300 lens for £120 and it does the job that I need it to
SXi_Tim

1st Sep 10 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a Nikon D5000 last week with the 18-55 nikkor lens. Takes amazing pictures, best purchase for a long time.
andy1868

2nd Sep 10 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you like the look of the G10, have a gander at the new sony A33 and A55 ranges, they're smaller than your traditional SLR but i'm fairly certain it uses the same A mount a the SLRs so theres plenty available for you
Matt H

2nd Sep 10 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about Pentax? Vibrio always used to tell me they were good & you can use the older lenses which makes it cheaper
whitter45

2nd Sep 10 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sony a550 - awesome camera
Daveskater
Premium Member

2nd Sep 10 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a D3000 as my first D-SLR and I think it's fantastic, really easy to use once you're used to where the buttons are, and for a bottom of the range camera I think the picture quality is very good.

Also just after I bought it I saw a magazine that was comparing the D3000 and 1000D and the D3000 came out on top. The 1000D has Live View (you can see the picture on the screen like on a compact, as opposed to looking through the viewfinder), but other than that they preferred the Nikon.

Have a look at my 365 (link in my sig) for examples of what I've gotten out of my D3000, plus it will be updated later on as I have holiday pics to upload.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Matt L

2nd Sep 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

canon 1000d just so happens im looking to sell one

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Little help choosing a DSLR. 25 database queries in 0.0133212 seconds