corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car Tax

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car Tax
strick206

User status: Offline
9th Sep 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right like an idiot i didn't notice my tax had expired at the end of August, and my MOT ran out on the 4th september

My new job, lodger moving out, and sorting everything out for all that means i over-looked it

Yesterday i got the MOT done, and taxed it online, because of the hours i work i can't get to the Post Office to tax it there and then

So now my car is taxed, and will most likely show on the system as taxed, but my tax disc in the car has expired

Am i OK to drive the car or should i stay away from using it until it arrives

[Edited on 09-09-2010 by strick206]
RichR
Premium Member

9th Sep 10 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I have not received the tax disc. Can I use the vehicle without the tax disc displayed?

When you apply for a tax disc online or by using our phone service you are able to legally continue to drive your vehicle for up to 5 days after the tax disc has expired while you wait for the new tax disc to arrive. This will only apply when you have applied for a new tax disc before the current one expires. You should continue to display the expired disc on your vehicle, until the new one arrives.

[Edited on 09-09-2010 by LiVe LeE]
strick206

9th Sep 10 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh bastard, i only taxed the car yesterday, so i shouldnt really be driving it
John

9th Sep 10 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not displaying is the problem.

You'll be ok unless somebody spots it's an old tax disc.
Sam
Premium Member

9th Sep 10 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd just drive. In the unlikely event you got stopped by the police, they'll check with the DVLA that you've got valid tax and just give you a bollocking for not displaying it - less paperwork for them to tell you off than to do you for no tax disc.

You'll probably get the new tax disc in the post tomorrow, they are usually pretty quick at sending them out.

[Edited on 09-09-2010 by Sam]
strick206

9th Sep 10 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i am driving it at the minute, but i only live a few minutes away from work so probably wouldn't go past any cameras etc - yes i know its stupid logic

But i am considering going to the dogs tonight and thats 30mins away on the motorway, thats why i'm asking
RichR
Premium Member

9th Sep 10 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cameras aren't a problem - ANPR will have you down as taxed on the system. It'll be if you get pulled for a spot check or someone see's it parked up etc
chrisritch

9th Sep 10 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbf they have no reason to pull you over because it will show up as T&T & Ins. so id just do it
Hammer

9th Sep 10 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drove for a year without displaying the correct tax disk that was lieing on my bedside cabinet.
oceansoul

9th Sep 10 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you not think you should get a new one when you got the reminder

Anyways, one of our work vans tax expired end of June. Were not responsible for taxing it, fleet services are, but didnt realise until 3 weeks ago. It had been taxed (was showing online) but we didnt have the disc. oops. After then we refused to go out in the van....

Got the new disc yesterday Never got stopped or anything.
strick206

9th Sep 10 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
Did you not think you should get a new one when you got the reminder

Some people have plenty things to worry about and that is easy to overlook
Toby
Premium Member

9th Sep 10 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not displaying is different offence to not having, just roll with it, would take and eagle eyed copper not to spot it
a_j_mair

9th Sep 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you were driving without tax and mot i would nt worry about driving for a few days without the tax disc now it is al sorted and just waiting on the post tbh
Dan
Premium Member

9th Sep 10 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just say, shit ive forgot to put it in the window, its at home, you can check if you like...

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Gary
Premium Member

9th Sep 10 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just put the receipt thing they give you online in the window.
richc

9th Sep 10 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just through your old one away and wait for new one.

I didnt have one on the bmw for about 6 months, it was taxed just lost the disc! Never had the disc on my bike for a year either it blew away

Id drive it, its a new car and unless you look shady you wont get pulled over!
Tomnova16
Premium Member

9th Sep 10 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate taxed his car online and it never came through, he never got pulled and has just renewed again, it came this time

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
richc

9th Sep 10 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
my mate taxed his car online and it never came through, he never got pulled and has just renewed again, it came this time

Yer pretty much gone of the days of copper walking around streets looking at discs. tbh i dont see why you have to display them now days due to ANPR
oceansoul

9th Sep 10 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with the above tbh. Should be like other countries where the Tax is just linked to the Licence plate and online databases etc
Graham88

9th Sep 10 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had my old tax disc displayed for half a month, kept forgetting to get an allen key to change it, damn these thief proof tax disc holders. Never displayed a tax disc on my bike.
Chris
Premium Member

9th Sep 10 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wont get done by anpr, but an arsehole traffic warden will get get bonus points on thier quota if they see you park up with none valid road tax.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car Tax 24 database queries in 0.0110331 seconds