corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » jwf's progress thread y0! *WIP* + Pic Heavy

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author jwf's progress thread y0! *WIP* + Pic Heavy
jwf128

User status: Offline
1st Jun 10 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, so I'm new to this site, and thought I'd start a progress thread to get some ideas and that, as you don't get much feedback elsewhere and heard that this site is good.
Anyways, here we go...
I started looking around for a car in November 2009. I was going to get a punto, but decided against it. After talking to my cousin who had a corsa, i decided to look solely for a decent corsa. After a few disappointments etc, I found this with around 42k miles for £3.5k.

Then I was taking lessons in a peugeot 207, which luckily enough had a very similar clutch to my own car . I didn't think about modding at all whilst I was learning to drive, but I did join some forums which made me want to. After passing, I did my first 'mod', which was to add a nurburgring sticker haha!

Then I thought about getting rid of the sticker, and leaving my car fully standard. Spur of the moment thing made me take off the sticker, and the badges to make the rear look better!
I then got an Opel spark plug cover, which later disappeared somewhere and is now lying broken in a road probably.

Then i ordered an exhaust back box and some stickers.

I decided I didn't like the stance of my car, so i ordered some lowering springs -35mm/40mm all round after I got my back box fitted at Torque/Red Dot.

Then ordered a PowerTec induction, which I still have as my mate gave me a brand new k&n because it didn't fit on his mk4 Golf .

^ massive powertec

I then didn't get round to doing much for a while, and felt that something else was in need. After getting my wheels wrapped in new tyres I decided in giving the wheels a refurb. It was a pretty easy job really, as there weren't any bad kerb marks... just a few scratches and scuffs.

Also painted the calipers whilst putting the wheels back on

By this point I realised my theme for my car would be black and blue, so I ordered some showplates for photoshoots, and ofc shows.

Then it came to my birthday, and one of my presents was a private numberplate, so I put that on, which actually gives the car a bit of a different look IMO.

Just before the plates I put on a gloss black sunstrip. My near future plans are to get a gloss black vinyl for the roof too.

Had a little fiddle with the engine bay too, so at the moment it's looking like this...

So basically that's all my progress for now. I still have to de-rub the sides, gloss black arches and skirts, gloss black roof vinyl, gloss black V-grille and smoked facelift lights... and put in a 1.6 VXR engine . I also bought a momo steering wheel that I'll put on when I get better interior. I've had a look at a few seats and my preference at the moment are Corbeau GT's.
Anyway, here are a few of how my car sits at the moment!!

Any suggestions????
MatthewR

1st Jun 10 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice progress so far mate, although im not keen on the stickers. Id be looking at replacing the grill and headlights next
jwf128

1st Jun 10 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks . Headlights are going to get primered and sprayed gloss black. They look similar to phase 2 angels, but much cheaper!
Rich H

1st Jun 10 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jwf128
Thanks . Headlights are going to get primered and sprayed gloss black. They look similar to phase 2 angels, but much cheaper!

Sprayed facelift lights look far better and less chavvy than angels anyway

Whip the SXi badges off the side too or spray them black imo.

Exhaust is a touch too big for my liking but never mind
DannyB
Premium Member

1st Jun 10 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice first car, black wheels looks nice but as said it would look far better without stickers and badges, C's allways look better with minimal styling.
Kezzz

1st Jun 10 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Nice first car, black wheels looks nice but as said it would look far better without stickers and badges, C's allways look better with minimal styling.
jwf128

1st Jun 10 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah I've got to take off the sxi badges and the rubstrips, and the stickers will go once I've had the bumper inserts smoothed
corse-seth

1st Jun 10 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice looking car mate, am i the only one that thinks the rubstrips look good?
jwf128

1st Jun 10 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate said they look good too, but i disagree. Have a look at one thats been de-rubbed, looks very smooth and sleek!!
jwf128

1st Jun 10 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I ask, what are peoples opinions on getting a gloss black vinyl for the roof? And also getting the bumper inserts smoothed??
vaux.dan

1st Jun 10 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

irmy grill and lower grills needed
Nick-S

1st Jun 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reminds me of my first C
belton

1st Jun 10 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

navy is a very nice colour, get an debadge grill n yea smooth bumpers, n 1.6 vxr lump!
also where did you get the piping and little blue ends (suction things) for the induction kit air feed things?
jwf128

2nd Jun 10 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a pipercross cold air feed from Halfords. But I took one of the blue ends off and attached the pipe to the standard corsa air intake

[Edited on 02-06-2010 by jwf128]
jwf128

15th Jun 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Small update. De-rubstripped at the weekend. Also got a few bits on the way... carbon eyebrows, splitter, carbon mirror caps, smoked facelifts, BMC CDA airbox, silver heat proof tape and that's about all I can remember. Watch this space.

Few photos after a wash (iPhone camera, poor quality)

[Edited on 15-06-2010 by jwf128]
jwf128

16th Jun 10 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a parcel through today thanks to M19_dbilas_HUD

carbon :yummy:

Waiting for another parcel which should come today. If not, then hopefully tomorrow
Smiffie

16th Jun 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like this sticker

Where can you get them from?

Thanks!
jwf128

12th Sep 10 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Original Cesaro mk1's with new 45profile tyres

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » jwf's progress thread y0! *WIP* + Pic Heavy 24 database queries in 0.0152140 seconds