corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance/Engine number dilema

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance/Engine number dilema
LukeD

User status: Offline
13th Sep 10 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had pretty much sold the gte but now the guy is slowly backing out, need your advice guys! Its my 1990 Astra gte!

Its a 8v. But on the insurance database and all insurances its saying it automatically comes up as a 16v.

Its done 60k miles, a minter and no way at all would it of been changed from a 16v to a 8v, plus you would of had to have mental issues if you done that. Never stolen and only 2 previous owners - in same family.

Log Book engine number: 14210479

And i have the purchase reciept of when it was bought when 12months old and this has the same engine number.

However the guy that wanted to buy it, as looked on the block and the only number he found on that was : E90209807.

Is there any way i would be able to confirm the engine numbers, whether maybe there was a mistake with the logbook engine number and hence coming up as 16v. Vauxhall didnt seem to want to help. booo.

Been in contact with the previous owner family and they can categorically say it has never been changed etc.

Cheers!
Havoc
Banned

13th Sep 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does it not say on the logbook if its a 8 or 16 v?
John

13th Sep 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurance databases are regularly wrong, that shouldn't put him off if everything else is correct.

There's not really much else to say apart from that.
chloe16v

13th Sep 10 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car is a 2.2, it has always been a 2.2 but when i bought it, it had 1.8 on the log book and on every database, didnt put me off as all the numbers matched up and none had been tampered with
John

13th Sep 10 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's just dodgy, insurance database only is different.
Havoc
Banned

13th Sep 10 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
my car is a 2.2, it has always been a 2.2 but when i bought it, it had 1.8 on the log book and on every database, didnt put me off as all the numbers matched up and none had been tampered with

so you insure it as a 1.8?
chloe16v

13th Sep 10 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Havoc
quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v

so you insure it as a 1.8?

nope it was changed, didnt fancy the thought of having an accident in it then being up shit creak when they found out it was a 2.2
LukeD

13th Sep 10 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, just GTE on the logbook.

And i doubt it would put most of us off, but the guy is being abit anal about everything. shame.

[Edited on 13-09-2010 by LukeD]
AlexW

13th Sep 10 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That number looks like a part number? Possible replacement block when nearly new?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance/Engine number dilema 23 database queries in 0.0090101 seconds