corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Unions

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Unions
Ben G

User status: Offline
17th Sep 10 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
i disagree with unions, if i want to strike i would do so on my own back not because they say so

but you striking on your own won't achieve anything . the whole point of unions is that they bring large numbers of the workforce together an if they all strike together then the company has to listen to demands.

one person standing outside the factory with a sign shouting crap will get laughed at. 2000 people doing that will scare the shit out the company.
taylorboosh

17th Sep 10 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but because the union says strike why should i? in current climate im happy to have not been out of work, never mind wanting a pay rise.

i will not let some one take away my own opinion

Ben G

17th Sep 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you don't have to do what they say, they know you aren't a puppet. it's just nice to have some backing if things ever go wrong.

what if you messed up and got a discipline but it wasn't your fault? you'd have union backing no matter what if you're with them.

without them, it'd make your job a lot harder to keep.
taylorboosh

17th Sep 10 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but if a union says strike and i refuse i am then hated....
ChrisBoom

17th Sep 10 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£14.96 for the fucking RMT
micra_pete
Premium Member

17th Sep 10 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The people not the party
John

17th Sep 10 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love unions these days.

Company is about to go bust, we aren't happy about having a job and think we should be paid more, lets strike
Gary
Premium Member

17th Sep 10 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I disagree that Teachers need a union.........

Id say all jobs need (well not need but can use) a Union as it can be a good place to contact should you not be being treated how you should (i.e. when it comes to sick, holidays, general problems, etc.)

They shouldnt have the powers to walk out demanding silly pay rises during times of economic hardship.

Spot on.

And for people who do strike, fuck off and get another job.

It's like taking a job at mcdonalds and demanding £20 p/h!!

You took the job at £x, then deal with it!!

Companies should have no obligation to increase pay other than inflation. Any more than that and employees should think themselves lucky!!
micra_pete
Premium Member

17th Sep 10 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by glb
Companies should have no obligation to increase pay other than inflation. Any more than that and employees should think themselves lucky!!

Without employees, there is no company.
Rick Draper

17th Sep 10 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
yes but if a union says strike and i refuse i am then hated....

A union does not say strike, it ballots its membership and they decide.

If you dont agree with the proposal then you vote no.
AlunJ

17th Sep 10 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBoom
£14.96 for the fucking RMT
Tell me about it!
Gary
Premium Member

17th Sep 10 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
quote:
Originally posted by glb

Without employees, there is no company.

With the current economical climate I don't think companies not having employees will be much of a worry. Infact, I can't see many companies failing to find employees.
AlunJ

17th Sep 10 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ it might not be hard work to find employees, but there are high costs in recruiting someone new and having them trained up as well as he hassle of being short staffed until they're trained up. It's a no win situation really surely
Eck
Premium Member

17th Sep 10 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I first started (as a temp) at my current employer, I walked into the middle of a warzone. I started right in the thick of the financial chaos, where most other factories around the area were either closing/dropping hours/dropping wages/dropping staff, and this lot demanded a 3% rise The company said they'd give a 1.5%, so the union decided the best way about it would be an overtime ban That's fine by me. They sat about the house, I got paid good money for 70+ hour weeks whenever I pleased
Rick Draper

17th Sep 10 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See my companies issue at the moment is all about union busting. People think we went on strike for a pay rise. In fact the union offered the company a pay cut until it became profitable again then once a sustained period of profitability had been achieved we would return to our pre pay cut wages + any pay rise due. However the management are greedy and are trying to force through long term pay cuts and introduce new crew on far reduced wages.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Unions 23 database queries in 0.0128601 seconds