corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » And today's COMPLETELY random question...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author And today's COMPLETELY random question...
MarkSport

User status: Offline
20th Sep 10 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can do this in my house...my dad is heavy footed coming up the stairs....my mum draggs her feet and my sisters are like ninja's and do stealth entrances
alan-g-w

20th Sep 10 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
I can guess who it is because one of them sniffs all the time (used to take coke) lol

A wee Columbian cold yes...
Dom

20th Sep 10 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
I sometimes hear high pitched noises that the missus swears she cant hear, isnt it scientific proof that men and women have slightly different freq. ranges they can hear?

If you're interested then read the studies by John Corso (like 'Age & Sex Differences in Thresholds') who back in the 50s and 60s did a number of tests regarding gender differences and hearing ranges which basically concluded with girls/women having a more sensitive hearing range than boys/men, typically around the 2-5KHz area which is roughly the audible range of a baby's cry.

They are a load of other studies into this (can't remember any others from my days at Uni) but the medical reason is that inner ear hairs, stereocilia, on females are stiffer than those found in males - hence the increase in sensitivity.
Scotty C

20th Sep 10 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics of said sister Mark
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
20th Sep 10 at 23:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can normally hear phone chargers.
Ben G

21st Sep 10 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I can tell that there is a TV or monitor on in a house without it having sound on or being able to see it - I get a high pitch whine in my head; always been able to do it - I don't know why now that's a useless ability to have

i think a few people get that as i get it too. really does my head in.
Havoc
Banned

21st Sep 10 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i always hear a high pitched noise, tinnitus ftl when someone drops a coin i can almost always tell what coin it is just by the sound it makes when it hits a tiled/solid floor.
BradG

21st Sep 10 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I can tell that there is a TV or monitor on in a house without it having sound on or being able to see it - I get a high pitch whine in my head; always been able to do it - I don't know why now that's a useless ability to have

I've always had exactly the same thing! Its pretty wierd isn't it!
Gareth F

21st Sep 10 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant sleep if there is an anologue clock in the room, my gf's digibox screetches when its plugged in but she cant hear it so it drives me made. To sleep round hers i have to hide her alarm clock and unplug the digibox

[Edited on 21-09-2010 by Gareth F]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » And today's COMPLETELY random question... 23 database queries in 0.0114851 seconds