corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Paypal now keep your money when selling on eBay?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Paypal now keep your money when selling on eBay?
Whittie

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 10 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The horrible little wankers paypal are testing my patience this week

Had a message on my paypal from last night;

Important message about your account. From now on, money you receive will be temporarily held in a pending balance. To learn more, please read our funds availability policy.

Such a fucked up system now, 1 in 10 always forget to leave feedback, so from now on sellers are going to have to wait 21 days for the funds to clear?

Who does this affect?

We’ll set aside payments to sellers whose customers have filed a dispute or chargeback. There are a number of other reasons why we may put your payments into a pending balance. Here are some examples:

* You have been selling on eBay for less than 90 days
* You have an eBay feedback score fewer than 100 and have not yet established a record of good performance
* You have received fewer than 20 Detatiled Seller Ratings on eBay in the last 12 months or your eBay seller performance is below standard
* You have a high rate of customer disputes or a low eBay feedback percentage
* You have been a PayPal member for less than 6 months and have limited selling activity
* You have a sudden change in selling activities (e.g. suddenly selling expensive items, selling large numbers of items, etc.)
* You happen to be selling in a high risk category such as tickets, travel, gift vouchers, computers, electronics, mobile phones, etc.

Depending on the circumstances, we may set aside payments for a single transaction or for all payments to sellers who meet the criteria above.

When does the payment get released?

The funds in your pending balance will typically be released 21 days after payment. The funds may be released early if we can determine that the transaction has been fulfilled and your customers are satisfied (for example, your buyer leaves positive feedback for eBay items).

Who else really, really hate paypal? I wish it was how it was 5 years ago, the buyer protection on eBay now is a joke, the seller can be honest as they like, and still get punished for it.
Brett
Premium Member

23rd Sep 10 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same happened to me but not a lot you can do if you want to use the service. Just ensure you send recorded and enter the postage tracker number into paypal asap.
Brett
Premium Member

23rd Sep 10 at 13:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

....saying that, even then I had to message the cunts to release the money, otherwise they were gonna make me wait til they left feedback, and some people never do
Twiggy

23rd Sep 10 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this on the Mrs account. Just sacked it off and used mine now...

When its eventually come through close and start a new acct
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd Sep 10 at 13:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Far too much hassle now, so glad I stopped selling on there when I did.
Whittie

23rd Sep 10 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[NO] * You have been selling on eBay for less than 90 days -
[YES]* You have an eBay feedback score fewer than 100 and have not yet established a record of good performance
[YES]* You have received fewer than 20 Detatiled Seller Ratings on eBay in the last 12 months or your eBay seller performance is below standard
[NO]* You have a high rate of customer disputes or a low eBay feedback percentage
[NO]* You have been a PayPal member for less than 6 months and have limited selling activity
[YES]* You have a sudden change in selling activities (e.g. suddenly selling expensive items, selling large numbers of items, etc.)
[YES]* You happen to be selling in a high risk category such as tickets, travel, gift vouchers, computers, electronics, mobile phones, etc.

"Sudden change in activities" - When will that cancel itself out? I've gone from one or two things a week, to 60 yesterday, and now i can't put anymore on there because of some limit!
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Sep 10 at 13:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this too. Had to wait 2 month for it to be removed.

Hate paypal.
Whittie

23rd Sep 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If paypal was a person, i'd kick the fuck out of them.
DaveyLC

23rd Sep 10 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paypal takes the piss but what makes me sick as a pig is the fact you MUST list ebay auctions with a paypal option even if its a collection only item!

MOTHER FUCKERS!
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd Sep 10 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Frustrating as there's a massive gap in the market for an auction site that isn't run by cunts. Just waiting for the day in which that happens.
Rich H

23rd Sep 10 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not necessarily PayPal's fault these days, but eBay themselves as they're so heavily linked - as soon as you open a claim on eBay, if you paid by PayPal, they get involved and suspend the money.

The buyer protection thing is a fucking joke - I'm getting to the point of considering not selling on eBay anymore.

In the last week alone I've had 7 "missing" items - the buyer opens up a claim against me saying they've tried to contact me but heard nothing (total bollocks) and they haven't received their item - I'm not even allowed to respond, I can either refund the money or allow eBay to decide (meaning I lose my money anyway) All I'm left with is money out my account and filling in numerous Royal Mail claim forms in the vain attempt of claiming some form of compensation back.

Not even allowed to leave non paying bastards negative feedback these days either

[Edited on 23-09-2010 by Rich H]
Graham88

23rd Sep 10 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It used to be good but it does frustrate me alot now. I used to sell quite alot on there but it's too much hassle now. And people want too much for not alot of money. Sold a GSi spoiler for £5 and the guy left me neutral feedback because there were 'hairline cracks' in the spoiler, he didn't even message me before hand. I swear I was so enraged I was ready to drive the 200 miles to punch him in the face.

And I have had so much trouble with some buyers and then I can't fucking leave negative feedback, even typing this post is making me angry

[Edited on 23-09-2010 by Graham88]
Twiggy

23rd Sep 10 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont get me started!!!

Just sold a vectra hub. He rings me and asked which side!!!

Naturally its the wrong one. Then agrees to collect and swap it over.

Never turned up or even txt me to say was not coming!

Then i bang in a non paying claim and the cheeky fucker negs me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 23-09-2010 by Twiggy]
Twiggy

23rd Sep 10 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Frustrating as there's a massive gap in the market for an auction site that isn't run by cunts. Just waiting for the day in which that happens.

That is sooo true!

Was there not a lad one here who tryed ?

I think most of it is getting the website known and gaining peoples trust
Sam
Premium Member

23rd Sep 10 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are a few different auction sites, but they aren't and probably will never be nowhere near as popular as eBay.

Not unless they have a massive marketing budget and do TV adverts etc.
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Sep 10 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see the advert now "just like Ebay but we're not a gang of thieves"
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Sep 10 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loads of people have tried but because ebay is so big it always fails.

needs one made with a massive advertising push
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Sep 10 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember talking to a guy years ago who was trying to do it for car parts, said he remortgaged his house to pay for everything, proper top dollar development on it, didn't do any programming himself, must have cost loads.

Not heard of it since!

I did remember thinking at the time that he was trailing behind even most forums in what he was trying to do, and they don't spend that much money to do it.

[Edited on 23-09-2010 by Ian]
Whittie

23rd Sep 10 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need a good £10M to advertise something to take on the likes of eBay.
Whittie

23rd Sep 10 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS. Do you like my new avatar?
sand-eel

23rd Sep 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

21 days, fucking hell
sand-eel

23rd Sep 10 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...or is it paypal are greedy bastards and keep the money for more interest.
Twiggy

23rd Sep 10 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
You need a good £10M to advertise something to take on the likes of eBay.

I am in!
Sam
Premium Member

24th Sep 10 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe we should all set up a co-operative auction site

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Paypal now keep your money when selling on eBay? 23 database queries in 0.4011500 seconds