corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Alex Reid

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alex Reid
Hammer

User status: Offline
27th Sep 10 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Stick a boxer in an MMA ring and he gets put on his arse and tapped out or ground and pounded every single time.

The boxer has 1 chance in an MMA environment and that's if they land a knockout blow before they're put on their back.

It's because the boxer would have to deal with a situation utterly alien to him. And judging by the quality of striking I've seen in MMA bouts so far the same would be true in the reverse situation. It doesn't mean MMA fighters are better all-round, just that they are better under MMA rules.
The same as a boxer would be superior under boxing rules.

Correct and the proper people in each sport both say this same thing.

A proper boxer, with a proper MMA training camp behind him over a number of years could though be a champion. All MMA fighters have a base of some other discipline, at this moment in time the wrestlers are transitioning the best.
Cole

27th Sep 10 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just watched this and I've never watched mma before but really enjoyed it I know a couple of guys that do this for a living one being ex British strongest man Ollie Thompson and he's fucking huge lol
Jay

27th Sep 10 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Why wasn't he giving him roundhouse kicks to the back of the neck?

He tried some weird right hander haymaker with a spin/backhand left hander at one point. I think he was taught that by some guy in the far East who was taking the piss

See that in Muay Thai but its an illegal move and you'll be disqualified for it, if it connects it will knock you clean out, seen it in training loads of times, again, different rules in MMA which I know nothing about
Hammer

27th Sep 10 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spinning backhands are legal in MMA, Jon Jones is a master of them.
Corsa_Sport21

28th Sep 10 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH i reckon John Cena would take them all.

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Alex Reid 23 database queries in 0.0127470 seconds