corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bad trend???

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bad trend???
Scotty C

User status: Offline
29th Sep 10 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Learnt my lesson from it tbh

[Edited on 29-09-2010 by Scotty C]
sand-eel

29th Sep 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gez bay
what do you mean on your own?

nobody is agreeing.
sand-eel

29th Sep 10 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cjohnson
quote:
Originally posted by bobbyd1
they can't handle anything mate, just drive like dicks and dont think of the consequences. one of the problems with the first car is it usually comes from mummy or daddy.

Strongly strongly disagree with this!

I'm 19, and have paid for every little thing on all my cars, including buying the cars. And there is a huge difference between driving fast, and driving like a dick!! Yeah some young lads give us a bad name but this is a strong stereotype tbh.

Have you crashed though?
SnK

29th Sep 10 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:
Originally posted by SnK
Drive how you want, let bigons be bigons. Don't be an internet warrior and complain online, 'cos all i'll say to you is, get fucked.

bigons?

baigons is it? Can't spell it hah.
dale87

29th Sep 10 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
they can't handle anything mate, just drive like dicks and dont think of the consequences. one of the problems with the first car is it usually comes from mummy or daddy.

I also disagree with this.

I've never ever needed a car for work always had use of the works van so all my cars have simply been toys to me and I've paid every single peeny on my own.

At 17 I paid £2100 of my own hard earned cash for my 1.2 8v corsa then another £1300 to insure it, never crashed that and I only used it for fun late at night /weekends.

At 18 I bought a 1.6 sport at a cost of £3300 plus £1500 to insure. It was the fastest thing on the planet to me but I never ever crashed that either and still got it now but with a 2.0 fitted.

Then at 19 I bought a cavalier gsi 2000, another £1350 +£1000 insurance, which I thraped the tits off and blew it up within 2 months, again no crashes. I then rebuilt the engine and put it in the 1.6 corsa sport undeclared.

I drove the corsa xe until I was 21 before I declared the engine, I even got jump started by the police once and had no questions asked but I saw that as my 1 chance so decided to declare it.

All i'm saying is not all young drivers crash unless there is some amount of stupidity involved imo
Sam
Premium Member

30th Sep 10 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SnK
quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:
Originally posted by SnK
Drive how you want, let bigons be bigons. Don't be an internet warrior and complain online, 'cos all i'll say to you is, get fucked.

bigons?

baigons is it? Can't spell it hah.

Bygones.

[Edited on 30-09-2010 by Sam]
alan-g-w

30th Sep 10 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where's that facepalm smiley when you need it... bygones.
Sam
Premium Member

30th Sep 10 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
where's that facepalm smiley when you need it... bygones.

Dr Pepper

30th Sep 10 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happens if someone crashes into you , you get seriously hurt and they admit liability?Then the other drivers insurance company view your car and realise you havnt declared an engine swap.

Could they refuse to pay out for your car and your personal injuries?

Personally I think insurance is close to legalised fraud. I was robbed for a good few years when I first started driving. I dont really see the point in not declaring things like engine swaps though - seems a silly thing to do ... at the end of the day if im paying lots for insurance then I want to know I can actually use it if I need to.

Personally I dont see why you need a 2l engine in a small car in your first few years of driving. Didnt do most people much harm getting some experiance in slower cars, get your no points built up then you can legally insure much better cars at a reasonable price.

cjohnson

30th Sep 10 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
quote:
quote:

Strongly strongly disagree with this!

I'm 19, and have paid for every little thing on all my cars, including buying the cars. And there is a huge difference between driving fast, and driving like a dick!! Yeah some young lads give us a bad name but this is a strong stereotype tbh.

Have you crashed though?

One small bump last year, due to me and another car settin off from a crossroads at same time. Not through driving stupidly! Any "saint" could have a bump like that, no matter what the age.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bad trend??? 23 database queries in 0.0096550 seconds