corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Following on from...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Following on from...
mwg

User status: Offline
1st Oct 10 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
if i was single id sit outside secondary school's at home time

I thought as much.
RichR
Premium Member

1st Oct 10 at 09:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's no better way of meeting someone than stood in your best bib and tucker but with no trousers on; do it, do it right now
alan-g-w

1st Oct 10 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to have the same method for pulling birds when at house parties or at quiet bars. I'd just sit down beside them, engage in conversation and not even try to be seeming like I'm coming onto them - I'd just ask them where they're from, what they do for a living, if they have any hobbies and genuinely be interested. I'd try to make them laugh, but only when I knew it was a good time for it - there's nothing worse than cracking a joke to a girl then have an awkward silence instead of laughter. Then, when I felt she was quite comfortable with me and that she was starting to feel a bit better around me I'd finish what I was saying, just turn to her and give a cheeky but not too stupid smile and wait for her to ask 'what?'. I'd reply with 'No, nothing. You do know that you're beautiful though?' Not saying it like someone in a Shakespeare play, just kind of even downplaying the fact at the same time of saying it. I swear to god that must have worked on at least three seperate occasions doing the exact same thing and I ended up getting a good winch and the girl's number at least. One of the times it didn't work was when I tried it on my sister's pal though, didn't really happen for me.
Andrew

1st Oct 10 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FB is always a winner
RichR
Premium Member

1st Oct 10 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andrew, you only speak to me on FB...........
Andrew

1st Oct 10 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, and my mum
Anty
Premium Member

1st Oct 10 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Grow-Girlfriend-Novelty-Item-Bargain-Free-P-P

jibjob

1st Oct 10 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If only
Edd

1st Oct 10 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go on a date with youself

you fancy yourself enough
jibjob

1st Oct 10 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah i dont fancy myself enough im just confident in my abilities. Im by no means a good looking lad, i dont have a flash car, a great job, great fashion sense, a 6 pack or a fake tan. Im just a normal lad, normal looking but with something that seems to work.

Ive been turned down more times than i can remember but it never bothered me yet now it does and i dont understand why. I still have the confidence but its taken a knock.

You can come on a date with me if you would like and find out what im like. Ask most people ive met im pretty shy at first but soon get my confidence and talk to anyone and everyone about anything.
JonnyJ

1st Oct 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Worst thing you can do is worry about it, if you try too hard it will never happen. Just get yourself out and enjoy yourself. Someone will come along when you least expect it either through a night out, through a mutual friend or maybe through work.

The harder you try the more likely you are to fail IMO!

[Edited on 30-09-2010 by mwg]

This is the best advice in here. Stop worrying about it, live life and let what happens happen.
jibjob

1st Oct 10 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im worrying about it less even since i made this thread!

The advice has been great and its helped get a bit more confidence back so i owe you all a beer
JonnyJ

1st Oct 10 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff I used to be the same and worry that i wasnt meeting girls and put myself under too much pressure to try to and i wouldn't be myself.

Just chill, have fun with friends and it is inevitable you will meet new people, unless you are some kind of hermit
jibjob

1st Oct 10 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
unless you are some kind of hermit

Im not a hermit but i dont go out that much as no-one is ever out! Nobody goes out at weekends, nobody drives round at night, no-one goes the cinema or anything, its just shit 99% of my mates are either at uni, skint or spend time in with the girlfriend and when they dont do that i always seem to be working!

Ive finally got my car back on the road though so should be getting out a bit more
Seany

1st Oct 10 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im in the same boat as you mate, im single for the first time in 8 years and its quite daunting.
jibjob

1st Oct 10 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you get used to the company and the lifestyle and the companionship. Then once its all gone you have to start all over again because you forget how to meet people and how to read signals etc etc.
Ojc

1st Oct 10 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
if i was single id sit outside secondary school's at home time

I thought as much.

Hes banned from all the schools in his local area, hence why he drives down to Sussex to hang around outside their schools.
Nath

1st Oct 10 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does he eye up his daughters mates?
Jakey
Premium Member

2nd Oct 10 at 10:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Date rape.
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Oct 10 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This sounds weird, but My Mum's set me up on a date with the girl in the bike shop who has just sold her a bike for my Birthday! It sounds so wrong but Mum assures me that she's "a hottie" with and I quote "nice ass"!
alan-g-w

2nd Oct 10 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet she's fugly with an arse like the back of a double decker. Either that or your maw's a lesbo and has a keen eye.
AndyKent

2nd Oct 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
This sounds weird, but My Mum's set me up on a date with the girl in the bike shop who has just sold her a bike for my Birthday! It sounds so wrong but Mum assures me that she's "a hottie" with and I quote "nice ass"!

Sorry but
jibjob

2nd Oct 10 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rich is any part of your life normal? c5's, uno's, psycho ex's and now your mum is Hitch
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Oct 10 at 16:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to go in to the shop next saturday apparently and she'll sort my shiny helmet out

It is kind of worrying that my Mum's been digging but its in her nature - Dad said it was embarrassing but agreed she's "hot"

oh, it's not an Uno, its a Kitten

[Edited on 02-10-2010 by LiVe LeE]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Following on from... 23 database queries in 0.4139349 seconds