corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Random engine management question...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Random engine management question...
fazza

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 10 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my corsa gsi X16XE i had a dbilas ECU that raised the rev limit to 7800k

i sold the ecu to a mate with a sport(also x16xe) but the plugs on the ecu's were different colours...

so we set about swapping the engine loom over from my gsi to his sport... no problems there...

Engine is all running sweet as a run, but 5-10 seconds after starting the EML light comes on..

in the 1st 10 seconds before the eml coming on the car will rev to 7800... but only standard 6700k after the light is on...

I have flashed the codes to check the fault... it comes back with code 8,5 which is immobiliser fault... bit random :S

car starts and runs/drives fine but will not rev over standard limit... Oh and there was no eml light on when it was in my gsi

Any ideas????

fazza

4th Oct 10 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone
spankyjames

4th Oct 10 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you swapped the key and chip over?
fazza

4th Oct 10 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote