corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Halfbreed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Halfbreed
Avezoh

User status: Offline
   9th Oct 10 at 03:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Halfbreed. Also a song title made famous by Cher in the seventies...http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/images/smile/shocked.gif
In this case my question is simple, the answer, maybe not so much. I have an '08 US spec Chevy Aveo. Performance parts aren't, how shall I say, abundant? I'm interested in a short shift linkage kit for it. "Why", you may quite legitimately ask, " would you want the answer to finding that on a Vauxhall Corsa forum?" The road less traveled....

Serious though, I happened upon a tuner site for Vauxhalls and they have a short shift linkage picture that looks exactly like the short shift linkage I've occasionally seen in the States. I have an '08 Aveo with 1.6 liter engine and manual 5-speed. According to some bits of info, earlier Aveo/Kanos/Barinas use a D16 5-speed.

On the U.K. tuner site the kits are listed by model of Corsa, like B, C,etc. as well as by trans model reference like F16, F20, etc. Now, D16 and F16 may or may not be related. They could be of completely different manufacturer origin rather than simply being two of a similar model 5-speed. The D16 isn't cast in stone for the Aveo because that is a designation that is concrete for the pre-2002 Daewoo the Aveo derives from. The GM designation for the '08 trans is Y4M. That designation, however, is for thetransaxle . That's where my cross-referencing reaches a dead-end. Only thing I know is the pic on the site for the linkage looks exactly as the pics for US available kits. My interest and preference for the tuner version is the professional connection to, in this case Vauxhalls. Similar to relations other outside shops have with a connection to factory nameplates.

Any knowledgeable gearheads with a talent for sussing out oddball cross-referencing got an answer for this question?

Thanks in advance.
Steve

[Edited on 09-10-2010 by Avezoh]

[Edited on 09-10-2010 by Avezoh]
am4nf

User status: Offline
9th Oct 10 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/M-Tech-Gearshift-Shorteners-Corsa-B-Tigra-A.html

New Poll