corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » DaNnY_LaD's Leon Cupra R

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author DaNnY_LaD's Leon Cupra R
DaNnY_LaD

User status: Offline
30th Jun 10 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pffttt what a day...

Started At 10am and just finished @ 8pm....Im ****ed but must admit we've had very good day we got the full exhaust on With De-cat and spacer,K04 Turbo & Manifold,Both Engine Mounts,Dogbone mount Along with the sump which i truely hate....Also what a utter shit Design the Engine mounts are..FFS

We got half way through the Sequence 2 Stage when torqueing the Headdown and my Ripe Bit snapped FFS Ive only used it once so that has put me back abit till i can source another to complete torqueing the head...So tomorrow will consist of Inlet manifold,All Ancillarys And wiring the shit part of the build basically Once thats done...It fit the Timing belt and alternator belt & fill her up with fluids and start her up...

pictures:

And Our Toy which we got on Monday Nissan 300sx 3.0 v6 twin turbo & Manuel Box too needs alot of work But plans are to Repair all sills and panels and full respray then Replace all the Bushes and suspension then change the turbos and fill TBE and FMIC..

My Mechanic is teaching me how to weld too...getting pretty good at it now but needs alot more practise i wouldnt mind making my own 3'' tip out of stainless steel
DaNnY_LaD

4th Jul 10 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its alive and ive just recieved my Map back too...The reason for the bent rods was my map was toooo aggressive was peaking boost beyond the map sensor so asses of 23psi+...No wonder it was rapid...

With the Current uprated bottom end i can carry on with the map and Use the lemmiwinks to advance the timing +....With the boost i was receiving we recon i was in a excess of 330ft at round 4krpm hence the bent rods....

O and i started her up for the 1st time on saturday and will bring her out the unit for the 1st time on monday...So piccys to follow once is running...

Also got a forge actuator on there Along with my DIY Dump valve relocation Kit..So once its run in i can get it RR'd....

also Fuel trims look fine with 12.0 afr on boost And EGT at 996c
DaNnY_LaD

8th Jul 10 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well after 10 weeks off the roads And ££££ spent the Leon is Back on the road....Currently running it in Nice and easy But this Is how it looks now...

ITs had a Full 3'' blueflame System,THS Engine Mounts,Powerflex Group N Dogbone mount,New Discs,Forge Uprated Bottom end,New Painted Wheels and Tyres,New Suspension,Mocal Oil cooler ect ect the list is endless...Anyway after so much hard work from my mates and me this is it..

What you lot think....I Havent Cleaned it or even attempted too as i was out for a test drive with it but i will do that at the weekend....Seems a perfect hight too..?

DaNnY_LaD

18th Jul 10 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to awesome this Morning Bright and Early to meet John and Andy...I got the APR stage 2 trail put on the car and OMFG what a Map It is...As soon as i got in it i could feel the difference in the engine Noise on idle and not forgetting the Drown from the exhaust...

Took it to 4500rpm once i had done the 100 miles and wow i don't want it to Go away...

I then took it home to get ready for my mates stag weekend which i was already for then this happen:

The Clutch Pedal snapped 10minutes in to my journey and Had the RAC out to Repair it So im going to Re weld the Metal part back on with Lots of weld then buy a new Clip.Im not Buying a new pedal as the weld on the clutch part is shit for the amount of stress put on too it..also with the Leon master cylinder is the Arm on it ment to have a slight bend in it to sit it straight? If i could id weld the Master cylinder arm to the pedal to do away with the Shit plasctic clips and Metal Backing...

I did this constructive little number yesterday i just feel i wanted my FMIC on show so i cut out the middle grill put left the top part in near the number plate...So when my Rear and front bumpers get painted in a few weeks i can get that colour coded..

Dione J

18th Jul 10 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks amazing, similar ride height to my cupra. What setup you put it on?
DaNnY_LaD

18th Jul 10 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kw 40/40 spring mate with Racetech drop links..
thegsi

18th Jul 10 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks very nice Danny but why haven't you painted the rear calipers too?!

How does the ride quality vary with the springs on mate?
DaNnY_LaD

18th Jul 10 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doing the rear calipers on tuesday mate when i get paid got a day off too so got loads todo..

Ride quality is fab mate was really suprised...

Thanks mate..

desided to leave the performance side of things while i run the car in plus il be mapping it after edition38 so from now gicws me time to get my LCR spanking with all the niggles out of the way..

So i got cracking on with the engine bay to get it looking spanking...1st off was the charge pipe & TFR

DaNnY_LaD

25th Jul 10 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting there with the engine bay...

Engine cover is ready to prime and paint..

And currently going through the grades with the wet & Dry on the charge pipe.
DaNnY_LaD

25th Jul 10 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done abit more tonight will finish it off 2moro..

Pure carbon fibre

getting there..
big eck

25th Jul 10 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks brilliant pal, just adjust the exhaust abit to make it more flush with the cutout.
DaNnY_LaD

9th Oct 10 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adjusted it for u eck...

de-cat is for sale now too

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=577906

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » DaNnY_LaD's Leon Cupra R 24 database queries in 0.0193219 seconds