corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » FFS Ebay again!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FFS Ebay again!
A2H GO

User status: Offline
13th Oct 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sold a superdry coat on there last week, only worn it a couple of times about a year ago and its been in the wardrobe since, this is how i advertised it. Anyway it sold for £27 and yesterday i get an email saying:

Why have you described the item as only worn a couple of times. This is clearly not the case. The outer zip is broken The jacket wasn't even clean. I want to return this item to you with full postage cost paid by you and insist on a full refund or I shall report you to ebay.

I totally wasn't aware that the zip was broken and to the best of my knowledge it was perfectly clean, however i took the buyers word that it was like that when they got it and replied with:

Hi, I haven't worn the jacket for around 12 months and didn't remember the zip being broken at the time, apologies if this is the case. If you are not happy, feel free to return the item to me and ill refund what you paid plus the £2.50 postage.
Regards
Ash

I check today and:

FFS what more do they want, me to go out to cult and buy them a fucking brand new one to swop it with, can't win with some people. They probs tried it on and thought, nah i aren't much for this, or it didnt fit so now kicking off.

[Edited on 13-10-2010 by A2H GO]
Neil

13th Oct 10 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would do a reply to their feedback saying it was an honest mistake and offered the buyer a full refund including return postage.. I would withdraw the offer from the nob who bought it though and make them go through a claim to get their refund minus their postage. And stretch the claim out for aslong as you can.

Buyers on ebay always takes the piss, takes the joy out of selling your unwanted shit for cash.

[Edited on 13-10-2010 by NeilM]
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
13th Oct 10 at 16:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would do a reply to their feedback laughing in their moaning face and telling them to whistle for the money back.
DaveyLC

13th Oct 10 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking BITCH..

This is what I HATE about eBay now, only the buyer can retract their feedback..

If you havent already refunded her and your auction says "no returns" I'd tell her to GTF now after giving you bad feedback.

[Edited on 13-10-2010 by DaveyLC]
Fro

13th Oct 10 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Send her something 'Nice' in the post.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Oct 10 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep i wouldnt give any refund now
A2H GO

13th Oct 10 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NeilM
I would do a reply to their feedback saying it was an honest mistake and offered the buyer a full refund including return postage.. I would withdraw the offer from the nob who bought it though and make them go through a claim to get their refund minus their postage. And stretch the claim out for aslong as you can.

Buyers on ebay always takes the piss, takes the joy out of selling your unwanted shit for cash.

[Edited on 13-10-2010 by NeilM]

I can comment on the negative feedback? I'll do that then, suppose it makes it look a bit better.

The mrs said just leave them neg feedback as they haven't even taken into account my co-operation and have been harsh considering the circumstances but it seems i cant even do this, it only gives the option for 'positive', what use is that.
A2H GO

13th Oct 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Fucking BITCH..

This is what I HATE about eBay now, only the buyer can retract their feedback..

If you havent already refunded her and your auction says "no returns" I'd tell her to GTF now after giving you bad feedback.

[Edited on 13-10-2010 by DaveyLC]

I haven't refunded yet, i was even willing to refund before they sent the coat back, its not like £27 is a massive amount of money but now i'm having second thoughts after the feedback.

Fuck it, im going on COD to relieve the frustration, im going mental here.

Whittie

13th Oct 10 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nalfgkhnksl jgnwelkgweg fucking hate cunts like this on eBay.. I feel your pain!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Oct 10 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am i the only one that cant see anything wrong?

you sent a dirty broken coat. yet you are complaining they left you bad feed back
Whittie

13th Oct 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham

you sent a dirty broken coat. yet you are complaining they left you bad feed back

So he didn't offer a full refund? Plus postage to send it back?
MarkSport

13th Oct 10 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would email them saying, now that you have left me negative feedback you can shove the coat up your arse
A2H GO

13th Oct 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:

So he didn't offer a full refund? Plus postage to send it back?

The coat wasn't dirty and even if they considered it to be it was sold as used, just stick it in the washing machine ffs. As for the zip being broken, it was an honest mistake but the buyer didn't give me the opportunity to rectify the problem before leaving negative feedback, bearing in mind I'd already offered a full refund and postage and paid charges on the item to eBay and pay pal.

A2H GO

13th Oct 10 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
i would email them saying, now that you have left me negative feedback you can shove the coat up your arse

I'm so temped to do this due to how pissed off I am but as there is a chance that they might withdraw the feedback I'm in two minds about refunding them/being a prick.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
13th Oct 10 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would be very unlikely to refund a private purchase unless things were particularly bad.

And I would never refund postage! You don't even get that legally if you deal with a shop. Nevermind someone on the internet who wants a brand new coat for 20 pounds.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Oct 10 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a good point actually about postage, where do you stand say if a company sent out a wishbone and it was the wrong one, there error, would you legally be expected to pay postage to post back even though its their error? postage for something like that could be 15 quid

[Edited on 13-10-2010 by Steve]
A2H GO

13th Oct 10 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I would be very unlikely to refund a private purchase unless things were particularly bad.

And I would never refund postage! You don't even get that legally if you deal with a shop. Nevermind someone on the internet who wants a brand new coat for 20 pounds.

I didn't realise it wasn't standard practice to refund return postage but then I've never had to deal with awkward people before.
drunkenfool

13th Oct 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
yep i wouldnt give any refund now

I'd do exactly the same thing. I've got almost 7000 positive feedbacks on ebay now with 99.9% positive, but if anyone complains without having contacted me to sort it out first and they ignore my message asking to sort out a resolution then I just don't refund them and leave them the worse off for the experience when they had the chance to sort it out with a simple message.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Oct 10 at 22:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it was me and i bought a used coat (not that i would) and it came damaged i would be demanding a full refund and still leave them bad feedback, honest mistake or not

A2H GO

14th Oct 10 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of interest, I havent made my mind up but if i decide not to play ball, and the buyer raises a claim, can paypal take the money directly from my bank account?
Daveskater
Premium Member

14th Oct 10 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
if it was me and i bought a used coat (not that i would) and it came damaged i would be demanding a full refund and still leave them bad feedback, honest mistake or not
If they gave a refund then I would leave neutral tbh, because at least they gave you something back.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
bigron1988

14th Oct 10 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

post there adress up on here and get everyone to send crap to them
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

14th Oct 10 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

suppose you could have left neutral

but still you wouldnt be happy with damaged goods
A2H GO

14th Oct 10 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried to deal with it professionally and sent them a kind request to revise their feedback based on the circumstances and they have changed it to neutral which is fair enough. They sent me a mail saying:

hi im sorry about original feed back but i have now revised this as you seem like an honest ebayer.i will return the jacket to you tomorrow for a full refund.thanks

Only thing im worried about is that ill refund them and they will amend it to negative again, if thats possible, as they have perhaps realised that they pissed me off and the chances of them getting their money back became quite slim.

[Edited on 14-10-2010 by A2H GO]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » FFS Ebay again! 24 database queries in 0.0141640 seconds