corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » One of my speakers has gone tits up...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author One of my speakers has gone tits up...
Tiger

User status: Offline
19th Oct 10 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, I bought a pair of Acoustic Energy Neo 3 floorstanding speakers last year, they cost about £250 for the pair and they were award winners, really well reputed speakers for the price.

Anyway, I switched my stezza on the other day to have a listen to some music and one of the cabs had only 1 of the 3 cones working (there is a tweeter and two cones top to bottom) The bottom cone and tweeter has packed in, the mid is still producing mid range. I listen to the stereo maybe an hour a week max so they've had about 55-60 hours useage.

The thing is, the warranty ran out 3 weeks ago and i'm a bit pissed that they have gone so soon after the warranty ended. I've checked the output stage on the amp by swapping working speakers with the one thats duff and the amp is fine.

I've emailed the company that supplied the speakers, but they havent got back to me as yet (only emailed them yesterday).

I was wondering if Acoustic Energy would do the decent thing and at least send me spares for free if I can find out what's wrong with it.
oceansoul

19th Oct 10 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You may find an online supplier of just them drivers that you need. A mate a work had a similer thing happen to a beringer speaker, and he bought just a replacement driver.
Nath

19th Oct 10 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they are a reputable company who care about feedback they might just honour the warranty anyway. We do similar at work out of good grace.
3CorsaMeal

19th Oct 10 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stuff is shite these days unless you pay untold amounts of money, i bought a semi decent music system for my laptop and it all broken after a year and a bit
3CorsaMeal

19th Oct 10 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fcuking lol, i just looked and mine is made by acoustic energy aswell
Bart

19th Oct 10 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tiger, speak with them, they may well honour it.
Dom

19th Oct 10 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's worth a shot, but I very much doubt that AE will send you free replacement drivers considering the Neo's were AE's bottom range of hi-fi speakers. And I’m not too sure it'd be worth forking out to replace them yourself as ideally you replace pair of drivers at a time to avoid mismatch, so that 4 drivers (2x Tweeter, 2x Mids) you need, and replacement drivers tend to be pretty expensive especially for discontinued products - Mission wanted £60 per mid-driver when I enquired for replacements for a pair of Mission 760i's, I only paid £100 originally 6 years beforehand.

Personally I would sell for spares and eBay for another set - currently some bargains to be had.
Tiger

21st Oct 10 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had an email from tech support at Acoustic Energy today, my speakers are covered by a 3 year warranty so i'm all sorted now, got to speak to the place I bought them from, take em back and they'll in house repair them or get me a new cab
Nath

21st Oct 10 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Result

New Poll