corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Manchester United: Is anyone really worried about their ambition?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Manchester United: Is anyone really worried about their ambition?
Ben D

User status: Offline
21st Oct 10 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

White liquid in a bottle, Must be milk!
Hammer

21st Oct 10 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pull the udder one.
Nath

21st Oct 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on lads, you're just milking it now.

[Edited on 21-10-2010 by Nath]
Marc

21st Oct 10 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see this thread turning sour.
Robbo

22nd Oct 10 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Man Utd are like a downwards facing dog
Nath

22nd Oct 10 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a new one.
Robbo

22nd Oct 10 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AKA bent over ready to be butt fucked a good-un

a la

mwg

22nd Oct 10 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish we had won something as prestigious as the Emirates Cup.
Nath

22nd Oct 10 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Thats what being self sufficient gets you m8. Its the dream.
mwg

22nd Oct 10 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We can only dream of being the kind of team that has to invent a cup of its own and decide who is involved in the tournament so we have a chance of winning something. Maybe one day...

[Edited on 22-10-2010 by mwg]
Dr Pepper

22nd Oct 10 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper

Ronaldo leaving was accepted as he was going to his footballing home and it was a good deal. Or at least thats how the club spun it to the fans. None of that money has been invested in replacing him.

All the way along Fergie has protected the glaziers ... now its cost him Rooney - who was the only hope you had of winning major honours ....

Losing Ronaldo and not replacing him mean's nothing, when Beckham who was our previous star of the team he wasn't replaced with an established player, no we made do with Solskjaer on the right for a season with Ronaldo also playing a bit part for which he gained much criticism in the press and even from amongst his own team mates, i think it was Roy Keane who said he would never be good enough

Stating Rooney is our only hope is rediculous too, other players will step into his shoes and take on his responsibilities just like Wayne did when RVN left for Madrid and people were saying he wouldn't cope blah blah, so my point is much the same as my original post...

..... If he wins another league he is without doubt the greatest manager ever in English football - I think this year is his last chance

- So he is not already the greatest manager in English football? I doubt you could name a better manager in English football.

oh well everything is fine then - sounds like your gonna keep on dominating.

couple of points -

You said you were going to give us a history lesson ... best get your facts right then

"Beckham who was our previous star of the team he wasn't replaced with an established player, no we made do with Solskjaer on the right for a season with Ronaldo also playing a bit part"

Not quite true that is it...I didnt remember ole playing right mid for a season at Old trafford. 2003-2004 season ole started 7 games for you in the league, Ronaldo started 15, Fletcher started 17, Forlan started 10 games...all of those were used to cover Beckhams spot.

When Beckham left he might have been your star player, but he wasnt your most important one. You still had a host of world class players at the club.... you make it sound like Beckham left and Fergie grafted with a load of donkeys ... he didnt - you had an amazing side and were buying the best youngster in the world at that time as well. You were also still taking the best players off any club in England that you wanted - you can not do that now - but Man city and chelsea do have the money to take them off of you.

When RVN left he was past his best imo, Rooney was purchased for a world record fee to fill the gap.

Its not just that Rooney is a 'star' for you - he also carried that team on the pitch last year. He scores from inside and outside the box, freekicks, headers, he tackles and when the midfield struggled he dropped back and filled in as a playmaker....he wont be easy to replace - and he is only leaving as he feels the club isnt prepared to invest in the correct areas.

I think you have a highly optimistic view of what is likely to happen at your club which isnt shared by me, the press, financial experts, ex players, current players or imo your manager.....you only have to look at Fergie to see the swagger has been knocked out of him.

Ojc

22nd Oct 10 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better manager in English football? Fergie has achieved FUCK ALL in comparison to Bobby Robson.

When you go to Spain, Portugal, Holland, and England and win things come back to me.

[Edited on 22-10-2010 by Ojc]
mwg

22nd Oct 10 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spain, Portugal & Holland aren't in England mate. Whether you like it or not Sir Alex Ferguson is one of, if not the best manager of all time. Majority of fans of other teams will even admit that.

[Edited on 22-10-2010 by mwg]
Nath

22nd Oct 10 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Better manager in English football? Fergie has achieved FUCK ALL in comparison to Bobby Robson.

When you go to Spain, Portugal, Holland, and England and win things come back to me.

Pipe down Oliver.
p

22nd Oct 10 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Isn't that like saying Giggs has achieved fuck all in football because he didn't play abroad
Ojc

22nd Oct 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Players are different, when you ply your trade in different countries and win things rather than sticking at United where the team picks itself.

Fergie knows/knew if he ever left United he would fail.

Fucking prick Scottish shitcunt wankstain jock bastard.
mwg

22nd Oct 10 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had it up to here with you and your total and utter disrespect for Manchester United.
Ojc

22nd Oct 10 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More Fergie than Man Utd, bloke is a cock.
Nath

22nd Oct 10 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He done the same with Aberdeen though. Then went on and did it for United.
Ben D

22nd Oct 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dr Pepper- Only just seen your post sorry pal.

Your not a United fan am i right? but towards the end of the previous season Solskjaer was covering in right mid, and when Beckham departed for Real Madrid Ferguson said at the time that he was going to continue to use Solskjaer in this position which he did until he got injured which obviously ruled him out for a substantial period of time but as i said he wasn't replaced with a star and that was my main point, Ronaldo was branded shit by pretty much everyone as he had a load of step overs and no delivery and he was the only real recognised Right winger at the club.

I would say that Beckham was one of the most important players in our squad, He was our main provider at that point in time and if memory serves me right Ruud struggled without Beckham's delivery for some time

Marc

22nd Oct 10 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Thats what being self sufficient gets you m8. Its the dream.

I wish we could win a trophy of that stature, or even just bang on about how great our kids are because our first team is so shite we try not to mention them. Still, 2004 was a good season, undefeated yadda yadda.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Manchester United: Is anyone really worried about their ambition? 24 database queries in 0.0153999 seconds