corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Can anyone record Sky onto DVD for me?? I'm on the telly!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can anyone record Sky onto DVD for me?? I'm on the telly!
Root

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 10 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
Should Call him 'Rant' not 'Root'

Tim.. you didn't answer my Q

should call you bender and not Ben D
Root

23rd Oct 10 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by Root
quote:
Originally posted by Edd
quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
minor technicality lol!

yes thats the law for you

quote:
Acts that are allowed Fair dealing is a term used to describe acts which are permitted to a certain degree without infringing the work, these acts are: * Private and research study purposes. * Performance, copies or lending for educational purposes. * Criticism and news reporting. * Incidental inclusion. * Copies and lending by librarians. * Acts for the purposes of royal commissions, statutory enquiries, judicial proceedings and parliamentary purposes. * Recording of broadcasts for the purposes of listening to or viewing at a more convenient time, this is known as time shifting. * Producing a back up copy for personal use of a computer program. * Playing sound recording for a non profit making organisation, club or society.

quote:
The time shifting exception allows the legal copying of a TV broadcast of a film or TV programme (e.g. onto a DVD or on to a computer hard drive) only if: * you make the copy in your own home; and * you copy from the original broadcast; and * your only reason for copying is to view the broadcast at a more convenient time. This time shifting exception does not apply if you then share this copy with others by sending it to them or uploading it for download by them.

[Edited on 23-10-2010 by Edd]

You fucking bender. 5-7 years ago everyone used to record TV on VHS recorders, which was obviously illegal. These days people...get free virgin media TV and stuff instead, which is obviously also illegal but due to the vast amount of people that commit these crimes, they cannot lock them up and just fine them.
If you cannot contribute some good to the thread or tape the thing for him, GTFO.

grats on being on TV..

They can and have done, although VM usually just ban you from the network. Chipped cable STBs (hopefully they'll tackle flashed cable modems next) are pretty much dead since the new encryption rollout and hopefully it'll stay that way.

Either way, Edd was just highlighting the fact that a copper was asking someone to do something illegal. Although Tim might as well just download the episodes (I’m sure they'll be freely available) as they both come up the same copyright law (from what I remember).

meh, everyone breaks the law
Dom

23rd Oct 10 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
Thanks John. I have met some mebers on here, they just dont know it. I am a fair copper. If you break the law, I deal with you. However, I can hold my hand up and say I have a high tolerance for modified cars - been there, done it. I will give you a straight answer, and be honest. I have my pet hates, as does every cop. Mine being fog lights, seatbelts nad mobile phones. I will give you a ticket for these. However, if you are out in a group and not doing anything illegal, i will come and speak to you and advise you.

Not quite sure why my posts on here would cauyse people to hate me??

Eh? If someone isn't doing anything illegal you'll still pull them? I'm curious to know what advice you can offer to someone that isn't doing anything illegal
Ben D

23rd Oct 10 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
Should Call him 'Rant' not 'Root'

Tim.. you didn't answer my Q

should call you bender and not Ben D

Original
Brett
Premium Member

23rd Oct 10 at 17:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Can anyone record Sky onto DVD for me?? I'm on the telly! 23 database queries in 0.3255861 seconds