corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Detailed my RS last weekend

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Detailed my RS last weekend
Jill
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   30th Oct 10 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take UncleFocus off the road for the winter so last week before I put him in the garage in his cover I gave him a good old clean and detail. Here's a few pics I thought I'd post up (as haven't posted for a while and have a new numberplate put on him since too).

These pics were taken last Saturday when it was really grey and cloudy where we live, so they're not great but you get the idea:

Some obligatory reflection shots:

Products used:
-Zymol clear auto bathe
-Zymol lehm clay bar and zymol lube
-Zymol HD cleanse pre wax cleaner
-Zymol Carbon wax (37% carnauba wax)- pics were taken after this wax by the way, I didn't take any after the hand applied concours glaze
-Zymol concours glaze wax (47% carnauba wax- 10% white 90% yellow by volume)
-Polishing cloths = LOTS!

Hope you like them
Matt L

30th Oct 10 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see one of these everyday his sounds like death though.

yours looks nice fancy cleaning mine? not been done for months.
Cole

30th Oct 10 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better off not putting the cover on will do more damage than good
Jill
Premium Member

30th Oct 10 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used a cover last year and it was fine. It's a breathable one btw, not that that will sway your opinion!

cheeRS Matt It's a bit fo a trek for me to come and do yours else I would
Ben G

30th Oct 10 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

beautiful

see a lot less of these than the new ones!
AndyKent

30th Oct 10 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice does that. I'm not a massive fan of that shape Focus generally, but I'd own that one
Rich H

30th Oct 10 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Zymol fan by any chance?! Very nice
Colin

30th Oct 10 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice....

I gave mine a wash today as well, 1st one in weeks it was covered!!
Jill
Premium Member

30th Oct 10 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Zymol fan by any chance?! Very nice

Nah, can't stand the stuff... haha
pow
Premium Member

30th Oct 10 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice

I keep wanting to see this around Aylesbury now I'm there (up at Henry Flloyd Grammar) a lot but I never do
dean101287

30th Oct 10 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice! Iv just bought a focus tdci sport in the same colour. Need to give it a bath to get the paintwork like yours.
Eck
Premium Member

30th Oct 10 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I prefer the looks of these to the new RS.
Jambo

30th Oct 10 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice, not a big fan of the mesh or the IC whichever it is that says PRO on it, would look better painted black

Plate is kinda cooL!
3CorsaMeal

30th Oct 10 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really nice. love it
deano87

31st Oct 10 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice. Dedication to taking it off the road
Marc

31st Oct 10 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice, liking the plate too. May not mean much to those not in the know but on this is pretty
Jill
Premium Member

31st Oct 10 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Nice

I keep wanting to see this around Aylesbury now I'm there (up at Henry Flloyd Grammar) a lot but I never do

Ahh you work at the Flloyd? Do you know the head of history- Afzal Sheikh? I rent my property out to him near the train station as it's right near the Flloyd! I work in London now at UCLH so hardly drive it during the week so I am really lucky saving loads of miles on it plus being able totake it off the road during the winter. Niall and I trialled it last year sahring his car for 6 months and the only issue we had was when he wanted the car Tue/Sat to go and see Oxford United and I wanted it to go to the gym. So we decided to do it again this year

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Nice, not a big fan of the mesh or the IC whichever it is that says PRO on it, would look better painted black

Plate is kinda cooL!

Yeah, thing is I had a black PRO alloy charge cooler and didn't like it I prefered the one with the logo, so they took it back and sprayed it. I guess we just have different tastes though eh matey!

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Very nice, liking the plate too. May not mean much to those not in the know but on this is pretty

cheeRS Marc, here's a pic of the slogan:

Thanks everyone for the feedback and comments
pow
Premium Member

31st Oct 10 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
quote:
Originally posted by pow
Nice

Ahh you work at the Flloyd? Do you know the head of history- Afzal Sheikh? I rent my property out to him near the train station as it's right near the Flloyd! I work in London now at UCLH so hardly drive it during the week so I am really lucky saving loads of miles on it plus being able totake it off the road during the winter. Niall and I trialled it last year sahring his car for 6 months and the only issue we had was when he wanted the car Tue/Sat to go and see Oxford United and I wanted it to go to the gym. So we decided to do it again this year

I actually work for Challoners in Amersham but we support Henry Flloyd. I've met the head of history there yes, he's a nice enough chap, can't really say any more about it!

If you ever see me give me a toot and a wave
3i_gaz

1st Nov 10 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stunning av got my eye on a mk1 focus RS for my next car
Jill
Premium Member

1st Nov 10 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

I actually work for Challoners in Amersham but we support Henry Flloyd. I've met the head of history there yes, he's a nice enough chap, can't really say any more about it!

If you ever see me give me a toot and a wave

Cool, will do matey.

quote:
Originally posted by 3i_gaz
stunning av got my eye on a mk1 focus RS for my next car

Ok, well if you go to http://www.rsownersclub.co.uk they have a buying guide on what to look out for etc when buying one. There's also a few good examples for sale on there at the moment, so definitely worth considering one from a memeber off there and least you'll know it's history etc, especially if it's been logged on the buildlist that one of the members off there collaborates.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Detailed my RS last weekend 23 database queries in 0.0127442 seconds