corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20xe problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe problems
LiamWorthington

User status: Offline
29th Oct 10 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have recently fitted my xe back in after a rebuild and a set of fast road cams and it isnt running right. First of all the eml light is coming on when i put my foot down and it is holding back at higher revs.Secondly its now idling at 1500rpm it was perfectly fine previously but im wondering if maybe i have mixed up the plugs for the icv and the knock sensor could this cause these problems? I shouldnt be anything to do with the cams should it as i paid to have them timed up properley on vernier pulleys. Any advice welome cheers.
Kieran
Premium Member

29th Oct 10 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the icv and knock is wrong way round it will cause it to go into limp mode. So try swapping them about.
philip2

30th Oct 10 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what cams did you have fitted? they could time up ok, but if your a rev limit hero theres every chance you could of touched on a valve and may be bent very slightly.

did they time the cams up on a rolling road or use a dti and dial the in to book figures?
LiamWorthington

1st Nov 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they used a dial gauge mate to book figures they are only fast road cams. im not a rev limit hero lol ive only took it to around 5k mate

New Poll