corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need some help with a Peugeot/solutions etc.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need some help with a Peugeot/solutions etc.
SnK

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 10 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys, needing a few hints and tips as to what my next step is. Found a peugeot 106 quicksilver, cars condition is good overall. The problem is the engine, it ran and cut out, he got it home and it started but cut out after 4 seconds, fuel in the system. So most likely it is a fuelling problem, he's tried fiddling with it, fit a fuel rail, don't think he knows quite what he's doing because i think it's possibly injectors and fuel pump. However because he's been messing the batteries dead. Anyone give me any tips on things i can try?
I might go down with some jump leads and some brake cleaner and just spray some brake cleaner down the intake whilst trying to start it up, see if it runs after awhile. Incase the system just needs bleeding, then take out the plugs to the injectors, if i pull the plug out and the car runs better i know it's an injector that needs replacing.

But what else?

Cheers guys!
Matty SRi

2nd Nov 10 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a 306 1.9 dturbo the other day, same thing happened to me on saturday... used jump cables, started it and its fine now. was just a flat battery.
SnK

2nd Nov 10 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh, well like i said i'll take jump leads down tomorrow night and have a go. If it doesn't start i'll spray some brake cleaner down it, that'll get it running i think. But i've read on the 106 forums it could quite possibly be injectors/pump/crank sensor.
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Nov 10 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you thinking of buying it??If so is it cheap to warrant the fact its not running worth a fuk??
Let him sort it then get in touch when its sorted.Or offer him silly cheap money the way it is.
Matty SRi

2nd Nov 10 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah would be worth a try anyway... dont really know anything bout Pug's as this is my first 1.
Car was running fine since i had it, stopped for 5 mins to go into some1s house, came out, car started, n cut out, tryed few times n battery went dead.
Jumped it and left it run for 10 mins... been fine since
SnK

2nd Nov 10 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Are you thinking of buying it??If so is it cheap to warrant the fact its not running worth a fuk??
Let him sort it then get in touch when its sorted.Or offer him silly cheap money the way it is.

Well it's pretty tidy, and he only wants £550, i reckon i could get it for £500 tbh. No tax on it minst, but i've got a few things in mind to test tomorrow night, try do a compression test aswell as a spark test and fuel test. If them things pass, it's obv ecu or electrical. So then i'd walk away, but if it's fuelling i think it's worth the £500 tbh. As they sell quite easily for £1300+
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Nov 10 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it a newer 1??
SnK

2nd Nov 10 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

V reg. so 2000.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need some help with a Peugeot/solutions etc. 23 database queries in 0.0104499 seconds