corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Got a job interview tomorrow! And now i have another interview to go to!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Got a job interview tomorrow! And now i have another interview to go to!
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Oct 10 at 07:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by belton
congrats. But I am on 80£ a week apprentice painter! It's a fucking joke!

painting
baza31

26th Oct 10 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats apprenterships for you. i started on £80 a week when i was doing electrical, i am now back doing refrigeration and air con and the lads in class are in the same boat , its nice to be sat there on 5x thier wages. All will pay off in the end, inless you have a trade your fucked for work at the moment
Norcy91

26th Oct 10 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i've just got back from my interview, seemed to go pretty well, im the closest applicant to the garage so hopefully that gives me a bit of an advantage! Just have to wait to hear back about it and hopefully it'll be good news
CORSA NUT

26th Oct 10 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck mate
SnK

26th Oct 10 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SnK
Yeh you set off monday morning like 10 am. Get there for 12 have lunch, all provided. Do afternoon at college. Go to your digs(nautical center) navy base ha. Its not bad bit shitty though. Then have night class. Im on my phone atm and takes ages to message so il go on comp tomorrow and write more. Fill you in properly

So yeh to carry on, Go to your night class, finish at about 7ish then just chill, the place has a common room with pool table/ping pong and a bar so you can drink. It's not a bad place gets abit boring at first though, so get mates quickly to avoid being bored. We took a tv and xbox to keep us busy at night playing CoD and watching dvds ha. But yeh, all your fuel of travelling to blackpool and back home for the 2 weeks is paid. However your boss won't pay for the times you'll be travelling to college, but they provide a bus that picks you up at like 8.20. College aint too bad, workshops boring at first 'cos you do naff all. And all we covered this first block was health and safety. All your food and accommodation is paid for. So is travelling. But i spent about £20 each week on booze and extra food for munch on a night. Anyway, hope you get the job, it's a really good job/career to be in if you like working with cars. On my interview there was 4 guys including me, i was the oldest and most experienced, we had to sit 3 tests (maths & english & a mechanical knowledge) They were a piece of piss and i got highest marks in all 3. Then we had 2 interviews one with the guy from skillnet(company who run the apprenticeship through ford) and one with the service manager. Both i exceeded in they told me. So they narrowed the selection down to me and another guy, the other 2 basically got told we'll keep your records but unfortunately not today. After the interviews they sent us 2 home and i received a call from the service manager saying he's happy to tell me i've got the job. Was awesome! So hope you get the same fortune man!
Norcy91

26th Oct 10 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the information mate! Whats the accommodation like that you stay in? I'd love to take my xbox with me but its just broken! haha. I must be getting interviewed and stuff differently to you, i havent had an interview with anyone from skillnet, but i have just had my interview with the service manager... Hopefully i'll hear something positive back soon though!
SnK

26th Oct 10 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worries man. Accommodation wasn't bad for me. Everyone else moaned about it. So depends how you've slept in some places before haha. But it's basically a 4 man room, with a brick wall divider in the middle so you can have some privacy getting changed etc. Aye sounds like it, although i'm with polar ford, they do it differently to everyone else as it's specifically a ford retail company, not a branch of ford if that makes sense?
Norcy91

26th Oct 10 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 man room sounds interesting... haha, i'm sure it'll be reet though. Was the food like timed meals you had to go for or was it just a case of going off and getting your own stuff?
Norcy91

3rd Nov 10 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rang them yesterday to see when i'd hear back from them, they have a couple of other people to interview yet and they'd be in touch within the next week, so theres hope yet!

I've also just had a call from a guy at Kwik Fit to sort out an interview, might not be as good as the Ford apprenticeship, but its a step forward compared to where i am now! Anyone worked at Kwik Fit before?
ste_p23

3rd Nov 10 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope but they have been slated on watchdog lately for being a huge rip off merchant orgnasation
Norcy91

3rd Nov 10 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ste_p23
Nope but they have been slated on watchdog lately for being a huge rip off merchant orgnasation

Good start then! It's not what i'd want to be doing ideally, but i'm desperate really ha. Rather have the Ford apprenticeship if i get offered it, just depends whats on offer at the end of the day.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Got a job interview tomorrow! And now i have another interview to go to! 23 database queries in 0.0101891 seconds