corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had the ibiza on the rolling road tonight

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Had the ibiza on the rolling road tonight
Mertin

User status: Offline
3rd Nov 10 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to a meet at wallace performance in aberdeen tonight organised on seatcupra.net
Mine was the only diesel, and 2nd ibiza mk4. Made 162bhp at fly and 254lb ft of torque, happy with that from a stage 1 remap and panel filter. Il get picz, vids and graph up tomorrow. Also keeps power all the way to 4500 where it starts to tail off slightly but still above 160. Peak bhp was at 4092 and torque 2635. Got 136 at the wheels
AK

4th Nov 10 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

their new place is much better isnt it!
Mertin

4th Nov 10 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was never at their old one, looks a good setup they have. Still work in progress near the office end is it? Are they out of bod unit altogether now?
Mertin

4th Nov 10 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres some pics from the night, didnt take much, hands were freezing! And there was a few from the forum taking plenty pics with proper cameras and videos.

Their evo that they race in time attack has been completely stripped and from what I heard getting quite a change before next season.

mike56gte

4th Nov 10 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good results.

do wallace do anything kind of tunning chip for the 20xe? (distributor)
Mertin

4th Nov 10 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure they would, think they do dastek chips? Check their website or give them an emailhttp://www.wallaceperformance.co.uk

[Edited on 04-11-2010 by Mertin]
antnee

4th Nov 10 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your torque is well down! For stage1 map you should be in the 270-310lb/ft area. Mine made 270lb/ft as standard!
Mertin

4th Nov 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
Your torque is well down! For stage1 map you should be in the 270-310lb/ft area. Mine made 270lb/ft as standard!

Revos book figure for torque is 280, they keep the torque down for stage 1 so that the standard clutch is ok. Anything near 290 lbft and the standard clutch wont last long, stage 2 you need an uprated clutch
I highly doubt the rollers were accurate if you made 270 standard. Thats stage 1 figures. Also rollers had recently been overhauled and calubrated and standard cars were getting standard power which was good to show rollers were accurate
alan-g-w

4th Nov 10 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not to sound too neddy but what can you keep up with/ beat in it on the road in a straight line? Always wondered how fast they are in real life.
Mertin

4th Nov 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really had that much experiences, a civic type r struggled to pass me but there was a car coming and he wasnt moving so i let him in. Got the edge on the type r to say 80-100 maybe. All on a private track of course
alan-g-w

4th Nov 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, wasn't sure how they'd fair with the torque coming in so low down.

[Edited on 04-11-2010 by alan-g-w]
Mertin

4th Nov 10 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Torque comes in low down but it makes 160 all the way to 4500. I usually change at 4 if driving flat oot, il know now that il still have power to be used
antnee

4th Nov 10 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rollers I got 270 on were some 6 month old dyno dynamics jobbies. It was RR'd on some other rollers at similar figures too. Most standard ones make 250-270lb/ft

Edit, allan, a stage 2 Mk4 Golf GTi (around 180-200bhp) couldn't get away from mine the other week

[Edited on 04-11-2010 by antnee]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had the ibiza on the rolling road tonight 23 database queries in 0.1367559 seconds