corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bloodhound SSC

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bloodhound SSC
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
11th Nov 10 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the setup mentioned in the first post, if you had the engine coupled to the pump what would you be left with if you removed the engine?

[Edited on 11-11-2010 by alan-g-w]
3CorsaMeal

11th Nov 10 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the pump mechanism
alan-g-w

11th Nov 10 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you remove the engine from a car you don't call it an 'engine mechanism' do you?

Not to be a cunt or anything but I know I'm right. If you all want to think otherwise it's up to you, I'm getting tired of this now.
3CorsaMeal

11th Nov 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a car without an engine
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it really matter? Just look at the pictures for fucks sake

A car is using a 800 bhp F1 engine to drive a pump, doesn't that impress any of you, and make you think what a mental piece of kit it will be?
AK

11th Nov 10 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyway...

You're the 'pump engineer'.... I now seem to be a racing driver, so I'll go sign up for F1

Why are you getting annoyed (read hostile)? Do things on the internet bother you that much?
alan-g-w

11th Nov 10 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suppose it does bother me when someone starts saying one thing, trying to be condescending (read: 'what do you think a pump is? Its essentially a motor.' ) then turns around and tries to make me look like a tit and make it seem like that's not what they meant. First you made it out that a pump can drive things by comparing it to a motor. Now you've changed your tune by saying that a pump isn't a pump unless it's got something to drive it attached. Make up your mind.

You're still trying to make me out as a fanny with the second sentence in your last post there. You've got some sort of RACING cars and you RACE them around tracks, I said nothing about F1. That wasn't needed.

All that's happened here is that you've made yourself look like a dick by saying a pump's basically an electric motor. Now you're trying to make it out that I'm the idiot when all I've done is state facts. Nice one mate, since you're of the in crowd you win I suppose. Congrats, just don't expect me to be asking you any technical questions.
AK

11th Nov 10 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have never said a pump is an electric motor

I have said I think some form of motor/drive/power is ESSENTIAL to a pump

I have said the I (my opinion) think a pump should include the whole assembly as just the end part (that flows) is useless without the other.

I have said I have understood what you mean.

A 200cc 10hp engine driving the 'pump' on the SSSC would not cut it would it? So the 7-800hp F1 engine is a pretty damn ESSENTIAL part of the equation.

I'm not making you out to look like a prick, I'm just stating what i think.

And.... thinking logically an engine is a pump of sorts. It draws in air, and blows out air.
alan-g-w

11th Nov 10 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound mate, let's call it a misunderstanding. By you saying that a pump is essentially a motor I thought you meant that a pump essentially has the same properties as a motor.

And if we're being pernickety an engine would be a compressor
3CorsaMeal

11th Nov 10 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can we forgot the whole experience and talk about corrado vr6 maybe?
AK

11th Nov 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lets dock
alan-g-w

11th Nov 10 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon they should have used a VR6 enigne instead of this F1 shitter, seeing as it's the best engine evar.
3CorsaMeal

11th Nov 10 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
I reckon they should have used a VR6 enigne instead of this F1 shitter, seeing as it's the best engine evar.

it did become part of the veyron engine so that statement could be correcter than you know
alan-g-w

12th Nov 10 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corrector

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bloodhound SSC 23 database queries in 0.1092989 seconds