corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Newbie using a decent camera......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Newbie using a decent camera......
J4M13

User status: Offline
14th Nov 10 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Story goes, alway fancied myself as getting half decent at photography at some point, browsing ebay i dived straight in and ended up accidentally winning a Canon EOS 400D for what i think is a good price.
It should arrive next week so does anyone have any tips or things i should be trying to acheive to get half decent pics? Obviously i know ill need to use photoshop aswell.
I know its maybe a silly question but any tips will help me atm so fire away
J4M13

14th Nov 10 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and ill be taking the camera everywhere with me so snapping pics of everythign and anything. I am looking at eventually being able to produce nice portraits though.
Doug

14th Nov 10 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't take the attitude that you will need photoshop.

You want to be able to take your pictures right in the camera and not have to correct them in photoshop!

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/index.php

J4M13

14th Nov 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
Don't take the attitude that you will need photoshop.

You want to be able to take your pictures right in the camera and not have to correct them in photoshop!

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/index.php

Oh, maybe i was being abit ignorant but i thought that thats the way it goes, snap the pics as best you could then edit in PS

Ill check that site out now, cheers Doug
Doug

14th Nov 10 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can do it that way (most people do!) but it's best to get it as perfect as possible in the camera then just do the little tweaks in photoshop

I recommend getting a flickr account as well to host your pictures on. They do a free one or a Pro one. Free is fine to start off with

Here is mine as an example:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/doug86/
J4M13

14th Nov 10 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, have i done the right thing in getting a 400D straight off? the only other photography experince iv had is with my phone

Those top pics of the 350z are nice pics id be happy acheiving nice pictures like that but im guessing it will take abit of practice?

[Edited on 14-11-2010 by J4M13]
Doug

14th Nov 10 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a firm believer in getting the best you can afford so not a stupid thing no! What lens did you get with it?

Those 350z pictures had the black vignetting (faded border) added in photoshop and a slight boost in the exposure.

It's all about practice! There are much better photographers on here that can help you most than I can though. I am just a keen amateur!
J4M13

14th Nov 10 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The one i won on ebay is the complete 400D standard one you get in the shops so it comes with 18-55mm lens it says.
Matt L

14th Nov 10 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get yourself langfords basic photography, really good book and what i used to teach myself the majority of the basics, then its all down to trial and error in my eyes.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Newbie using a decent camera...... 24 database queries in 0.0090849 seconds