corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help with 1200 16v timing cam chain :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help with 1200 16v timing cam chain :(
shauny bizzle

User status: Offline
16th Nov 10 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guys me and a mate are in the process of doing his headgasket on his corsa b, we've got it back together and made sure its and top dead following the haynes i,e cam lobes at number 1 face outwards piston at the top, we've got the special tool to adjust the camshaft timing disc and have done that theres two ways the timing disc can actually go into the tool its in a semi running state but runs like poo and has the EML which is the camshaft malfunction fault code and it wont clear, we've tried having the timing disc both ways and when the engines at TDC the little arrow on the timing disc is pretty much in line with the cam sensor, what else can be tried to get this to work ive got a spare cam sensor so will try that, the only thing we not tried is the timing disc span round but i dont think that will work. theres no crank sensor from what i can see either. i realise the pistons can go up and down twice but the crank marks are in line or not far off, any help is much appreciated

shaun

New Poll